Roenicke's million-dollar slam

ShoelesJoe

https://www.mlb.com/video/roenicke-s-million-dollar-slam?partnerId=web_video-playback-page_video-share

Been looking for this video online for about ten years and couldn't find it. Told my teenage son about the game this morning and he found it in about three seconds. 

Another that I've been looking for forever is the '80s game on a windy day in Chicago where Cal hit a pop-up to short that got blown into the LF stands for a HR. I'd love to see that play again. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, baltfan said:

Forty years ago they were giving away $1mm for homers, now it’s like $500.  What happened?

If I remember correctly, if your name was chosen you got something like $1000 if a HR was hit in the specific inning they designated the home run inning.   Not any HR during the game.   Just during the home run inning.   And if it was a grand slam in that specific inning, you got a million.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

If I remember correctly, if your name was chosen you got something like $1000 if a HR was hit in the specific inning they designated the home run inning.   Not any HR during the game.   Just during the home run inning.   And if it was a grand slam in that specific inning, you got a million.

That’s right and I know it’s different but still surprising nothing similar. That stuff is insured.