Trevor Bauer

Yossarian

Right player, right price.

But is he still the right player?  Depending on what else we do, if he comes cheaply, I would consider it but he’s not at or near the top of my list.

I hope he gets a job back in the majors though and I hope that POS that drug his name through the coals goes to prison.  It’s the least they should do to her.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Surprised at how well-spoken this is. I wonder how he managed to get hold of the video clip.

If you watch the whole video he says he got all of the content from winning the lawsuit which no party made any payment to each other.  He got all of the discovery and ability to speak freely so he could put it out and clear his name.  I wouldn't have an issue with the O's signing him, dude has been through it the past couple years.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Surprised at how well-spoken this is. I wonder how he managed to get hold of the video clip.

He's clearly reading from a script. 

7 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Would you consider signing him?

Could he sue MLB, The Atlantic, and many other organizations and media outlets for defamation?  This just irks me. 

https://x.com/BauerOutage/status/1708904525724270659?s=20

My understanding is the MLB investigation involved at least three accusations and we don't know that his suspension was for this one or the others. Without knowing the details of the investigation, it is impossible to say whether he has been fully exonerated.

Also note the screenshot of the texts do not match what he's reading. This is his side of the story.

The fact he is not suing MLB leads me to think the suspension was not for the San Diego incident and/or that there is more to the story. 

10 minutes ago, frankwhite said:

whenever  I see "toxic" personality.  I guess he said something racist or homophobic online. lmao. Unlike some, I don't believe that is  a terrible, unforgivable thing. If he could help the team and not be a problem in the locker room I'm fine with it 

Well, it is a pretty terrible thing.  But Bauer has a long-reported history of being aloof from and disliked by teammates.   So, it’s not just something he said online, or his weird interactions with women. The front office would need to seriously consider how he’d fit into the clubhouse and whether he would alienate fans.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Well, it is a pretty terrible thing.  But Bauer has a long-reported history of being aloof from and disliked by teammates.   So, it’s not just something he said online, or his weird interactions with women. The front office would need to seriously consider how he’d fit into the clubhouse and whether he would alienate fans.  

Nope, I don't think it is terrible. I dont think it's a good thing either.  But I don't cry over kids posting on Roblox. if he is a cancer in the locker room... that is enough for me to not want him here

Character and team cohesion are talked about on the major league team all the way down through the minors.  No chance they would ever sign him.  Is there a baseball version of the Al Davis Oakland Raiders?   They sign all of the “bad boys”.    

No chance we sign Bauer.  He’s just not worth it anyway.

35 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Of course not with *this* team, but you start adding players like Bauer and it could become an issue. 

Doubtful. Teams with strong clubhouses can and do take guys like this in and they don’t become issues.  And if you sign him cheap enough and he is a problem, you cut him.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Doubtful. Teams with strong clubhouses can and do take guys like this in and they don’t become issues.  And if you sign him cheap enough and he is a problem, you cut him.

The Orioles organization has clearly put great effort into crafting the kind of positive chemistry and culture that we’ve seen this year and it’s because they avoided bringing in players like Bauer, Pham, Donaldson, etc. Why risk messing that up when there’s loads better options? No guarantee Bauer pitches well either, he’s 32 now and not getting younger, and he’s been out of MLB since 2021. 

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

An expert on team chemistry and team dynamics?   Simply amazing.   Teams that have players who cause problems, have issues, are divisive figures, don’t get talked about.    It’s one of those things that can’t be quantified.  We have no idea how much it did or didn’t contribute to a 101 win Oriole team but we do know the whole team talks about it and we know they won 101 games so why mess with a good thing?    

• Upvote 1