First woman interview for MLB manager position

tntoriole

How exciting!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed!! Kudos to the Giants !! 

“Alyssa Nakken made history in 2020 when she became the first woman appointed to a Major League Baseball coaching staff. Now she’s making history again.

She’s believed to be the first woman to officially interview for a major-league managerial position.

Nakken was among the San Francisco Giants’ internal candidates to sit for a formal, first-round interview this past week, The Athletic has confirmed. Nakken joined bench coach Kai Correa and third base coach Mark Hallberg as members of the current coaching staff under initial consideration to replace Gabe Kapler, who was relieved of duties on Sept. 29 with a year remaining on his contract…” 

From the Athletic..

Edited by tntoriole

On 10/23/2023 at 9:43 AM, Moose Milligan said:

I don't find it exciting, I just don't care.  That's not to say I hope she doesn't get it.  I just don't really care if she does or not.

That's where I'm at.  If she gets it because she's the right person for the job, great.  But I'm not going to be shouting from the roof tops about it.