Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

Obviously, the WS are in no rush.   They can ask for the moon.  There are a certain amount of teams willing and able to trade top 100 prospects and a limited amount of pitchers on the trade block.  Would love to see the Orioles get Bieber,  the Reds get Valdez, the Dodgers get Burnes, and the WS get stuck.

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Obviously, the WS are in no rush.   They can ask for the moon.  There are a certain amount of teams willing and able to trade top 100 prospects and a limited amount of pitchers on the trade block.  Would love to see the Orioles get Bieber,  the Reds get Valdez, the Dodgers get Burnes, and the WS get stuck.

At the end of the day, the Sox will get a nice package for Cease.   Probably not as nice as they’re asking for right now.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

At the end of the day, the Sox will get a nice package for Cease.   Probably not as nice as they’re asking for right now.  

It’s going to be interesting to see what these pitchers go for if traded.   Different GM but he was there when they couldn’t make a deal at the deadline.  Sounds like they are still over playing their hand to me.

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

A package for Cease from the Orioles that is commensurate with what the White Sox reportedly asked for from Cinncinati would be something like Cowser, Ortiz, Povich, and McDermott.

That seems like a pretty massive overpay for 2 years of Dylan Cease, but I guess I'm just a prospect hoarder :noidea:

It's an insane overpay and Elias is most likely not going to engage in this at the end of the day. Just doesn't seem like we're going to be the ones to get the guy IMO, and that's probably fine considering some team will eventually get desperate. 

Also it's clear they want pitching and we're not the best fit in that regard. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

It’s going to be interesting to see what these pitchers go for if traded.   Different GM but he was there when they couldn’t make a deal at the deadline.  Sounds like they are still over playing their hand to me.

My view is, it’s still been the early part of the offseason.  That’s changing now as Christmas will have passed and the dominoes should start falling now that Yamamoto is signed.  I don’t think there’s any downside to starting off with high demands and sticking with them for a while.  You just need to know when it’s time to get real.  That time is coming soon.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, interloper said:

It's an insane overpay and Elias is most likely not going to engage in this at the end of the day. Just doesn't seem like we're going to be the ones to get the guy IMO, and that's probably fine considering some team will eventually get desperate. 

Also it's clear they want pitching and we're not the best fit in that regard. 

What if it was Cease for Cowser, Ortiz and Kremer?