Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, TommyPickles said:

Ah bummer. Didn't know that.

I think it’s Cease or one of the Marlins pitchers not named Luzardo. 

If that doesn’t happen, they either sign Ryu or someone like that for a year or they just go with Hall to start and see how things go. 

2 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

Nah just thirsty for O's news that isn't about the Cease stalemate. But sounds like Seattle is done moving pitching, so nevermind.

Just giving you a hard time.  Woo has been discussed a bit.  Too bad they're done dealing, would have liked to have grabbed him.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We've got four posters with over 200 posts on the topic.

I think it says we have a small group with nothing better to do.

I'm not being critical, most threads I'd be one of the four.

I think most of us could guess 3 of the 4 off the top of our heads.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

You should just say, I’m not interested in acquiring these players and not even try.

LOL … I’m flexible with what is sent to the Padres. I’ve seen some stuff where they want hitting. I’m ok with dealing Santander if they add him. Involving them is to get the high end sp prospect that we don’t have.

Edited by Roll Tide

1 hour ago, ChicagoTerp said:

Cease and Robert for Hays, Basallo, Cowser, Norby, Povich

Too much? Too little?

Based on Gets rumored ask for Cease it’s probably too little. He wants 2 top 100 and 2 other that wipes everyone out buy Hays just for Cease. I’m guessing he’d be looking for 7-8 players with 3-4 top 100 and have no interest in Hays

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

LOL … I’m flexible with what is sent to the Padres. I’ve seen some stuff where they want hitting. I’m ok with dealing Santander if they add him. Involving them is to get the high end sp prospect that we don’t have.

I’m glad you are flexible because everything about that trade needs to be changed. There is no level of reality in it.

I do think sending Mullins somewhere to get them more prospects makes sense but I’m not sure how much value Mullins has.

If we are getting both of them, they likely need to trade 3 of Mayo, Basallo, Westburg, Cowser and Kjerstad (one of them has to be Mayo or Basallo) plus other good pieces.  You aren’t even if the ballpark for what they would want.

Today, as we have done many times this offseason, we contemplate Dylan Cease. Should the Orioles trade for him? Are they going to? ESPN’s Jesse Rogers, whose reporting mostly comes from a White Sox perspective, wrote yesterday about Cease and how the asking price of new general manager Chris Getz - who was supposedly once offered in a trade for Brian Roberts late in his career - has remained high.

About the Orioles specifically, Rogers writes, “the teams might line up if corner infielder Coby Mayo can make his way into the deal.” Given that this is coming from a Chicago reporter, we can guess from this that that’s who the White Sox want and who the Orioles have yet to give up. There is no guarantee that this is the case, but it’s a rumor that feels like it’s got a bit more substance to it than a lot of the ethereal ones that have come along.

From camdenchat.com

If Mayo has to be included, no thanks.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m glad you are flexible because everything about that trade needs to be changed. There is no level of reality in it.

I do think sending Mullins somewhere to get them more prospects makes sense but I’m not sure how much value Mullins has.

If we are getting both of them, they likely need to trade 3 of Mayo, Basallo, Westburg, Cowser and Kjerstad (one of them has to be Mayo or Basallo) plus other good pieces.  You aren’t even if the ballpark for what they would want.

So I’m trading offense to the Padres and sending prospects to the White Sox. The Padres article I read mentioned the availability of bats from us including Santander. I’m not sure how the Padres would value Urias, Santander, Mountcastle, Mullins. But, I’d think we could get a couple prospects to ship from the Padres. 

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So I’m trading offense to the Padres and sending prospects to the White Sox. The Padres article I read mentioned the availability of bats from us including Santander. I’m not sure how the Padres would value Urias, Santander, Mountcastle, Mullins. But, I’d think we could get a couple prospects to ship from the Padres. 

It's just overly complicated for a 101 win team that needs a rake versus a backhoe.  There's no pressure on either one of Elias or Getz right now.  The pressure picks up though starting in ST on every pitch Cease throws for Getz.  I see Getz's perspective.  This is his first big move as GM, and the cupboard is pretty bare in terms of assets to trade after Cease.  So he has to hit big.

Maybe Stroman falls in our lap like Gallardo/Ubaldo/Cobb before, but doubtful considering how much of a premium pitching is going for.  

We're probably rolling with a Wells as our 5th SP.  Irvin in the pen without options.  Hall stays stretched out in AAA.  Hensley and Zimmerman in AAA as well.  Povich gets all the time he needs to develop into a SP in AAA, with a more realistic shot at winning a spot in the rotation next offseason when Means leaves.  

Edited by sportsfan8703