Bautista discusses his rehab

Roll Tide

That was great of him to be there.  Felix truly is a class act. 

So, I speak *some* Spanish - mostly just basic conversations.  I usually listen closely to interpreted interviews like this as a learning exercise.  Of the native-Spanish speaking Orioles of recent years, I've always found Felix to be the easiest to comprehend - very smooth, relaxed way of speaking without a sharp accent. 

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Anyone else think RZNJ might have been hacked?

I go with the experts.  If a doctor or anyone who presents evidence that this is a big problem I’m willing to listen.  Until then, no big deal.

I had ulnar nerve transposition surgery in 2015 or so. I was out of work for 2 weeks then back MDT (light duty) for 8 more weeks before I was back on full duty. I obviously don't throw a baseball 100 MPH but there are plenty of times when the job is quite physical.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malike said:

I had ulnar nerve transposition surgery in 2015 or so. I was out of work for 2 weeks then back MDT (light duty) for 8 more weeks before I was back on full duty. I obviously don't throw a baseball 100 MPH but there are plenty of times when the job is quite physical.

Have also had one.

One of the more minor surgeries I’ve had — the only real long term “arm” effect has been that my actual elbow feels somewhat numb (I assume because one of the primary nerves is no longer there).  I don’t feel as though I’ve lost any strength or dexterity in my arm.

I do have a bit more feeling in my hand, which was the point of doing the surgery because the nerve was impinged. I don’t think that would be a bad thing for Felix, but I guess any change could be an obstacle for someone who makes his living gripping and manipulating a ball with that hand?

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Have also had one.

One of the more minor surgeries I’ve had — the only real long term “arm” effect has been that my actual elbow feels somewhat numb (I assume because one of the primary nerves is no longer there).  I don’t feel as though I’ve lost any strength or dexterity in my arm.

I do have a bit more feeling in my hand, which was the point of doing the surgery because the nerve was impinged. I don’t think that would be a bad thing for Felix, but I guess any change could be an obstacle for someone who makes his living gripping and manipulating a ball with that hand?

I'm not certain, I can grip my gun as well as ever while shooting, etc. I don't feel any loss of strength either. I don't have the numbness in the elbow, though. I had the surgery because I also had tingling in the hand and even bending my elbow would make it feel like I smashed my funny bone.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...