Which would you prefer?

Pickles

Which would you prefer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which makes for a more "successful" season?

• Orioles win 100 games and division again and receive first round bye but lose in divisional round again.
    • Orioles win 92 games, and a wildcard spot, win the wildcard round, and lose in the divisional round.

2 hours ago, justD said:

I watch or listen to or attend pretty much every game of the season.  I want them to win every game I see/hear.  Winning fewer games in a season feels less successful, even if the postseason result is the same, i.e. getting eliminated in the division series. 

For me, a successful season has us winning series all season, beating the crap out of the AL East teams, ending up on top and holding our heads high and even filling the stadium with Orange when the RS and MFY fans come to town 😎 

Those things don't happen to the same extent when it's 92 wins. 

^^^^^^^^ What she said. Awesome post.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I’ll take the playoff series win.   That would be easier to take than the same exact thing as last year.

I'm surprised at the results to be honest.  That's the way I voted but I'm surprised it is so lopsided.

An AL East championship is an accomplishment by itself.  A lot bigger accomplishment than getting a wild card spot IMO.  We play in the toughest division and beating those teams over 162 games is a big deal.  

if I was choosing between winning the AL East and getting to the ALCS, it might be a close call.  Getting to the ALDS by winning a WC series is not as good as getting there by winning the AL East in my opinion.  

• Upvote 1

I'd prefer choice 3: win 89 games in the regular season securing the last Wild Card.  Win the WC series.  Win Divisional Round.  Lose in ALCS. 

Obviously all of us would be much happier winning the World Series, but this would make me happier and have me thinking (right or wrong) the O's were a player or two or some luck away from the World Series. 

Given in this scenario we win the WC series, the 2nd option would be a no brainer for me, and probably the team. If you win the division and take the ALDS to game 5, that's all you get. You have the potential for 8 games with the latter option.

My definition of a successful season is making the playoffs and shooting your shot there. I suspect the D-Backs fans think they had a successful season winning 80-something games last year.

18 minutes ago, Malike said:

Given in this scenario we win the WC series, the 2nd option would be a no brainer for me, and probably the team. If you win the division and take the ALDS to game 5, that's all you get. You have the potential for 8 games with the latter option.

My definition of a successful season is making the playoffs and shooting your shot there. I suspect the D-Backs fans think they had a successful season winning 80-something games last year.

Even though I voted the same way, I kept looking at your avatar when you explained why.  Made me think of that rock spoof movie where the guitar player says his amplifier goes up to 11.   

Edited by RZNJ
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Even though I voted the same way, I kept looking at your avatar when you explained why.  Made me think of that rock spoof movie where the guitar player says his amplifier goes up to 11.   

Isn’t that that avatar from The Big Lebowski?