Bauer interested in O's

Bigbie03

13 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Wait, we’re talking about Bauer and how or if he deserves a second chance. I’m not completely clear on the facts with his case but it appears that the woman involved was a liar. And if that’s true, Bauer still doesn’t seem close to be making a comeback. 

Franco’s case seems to be a bit more clear cut. I don’t think anyone’s arguing he didn’t have inappropriate relations with a minor.  It seems to be clear that he did. 

So are you arguing that he’ll still make it back somehow? 

No, I am arguing if he some how gets off he will come back because he is super talented.  The Rays or someone else will take a chanc. 

13 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

In his defense this is 2024. Make content. Get views, clicks, sell merchandise, get sponsorships. It’s YouTube/social media 101. Probably why he can play for the league min. 

OJ wrote a book called “If I was the killer…” 😂

A team like the Oakland/Sacrementon/Las Vegas A’s should sign him then trade him at the deadline. 

LOL.  Oh, he's only made over 100M from baseball so he needs to make "content" act like an a_hole to be entertaining to supplement his income.   The dude is in love with himself.   He doesn't need the money.  He needs the attention.

20 minutes ago, baltfan said:

No, I am arguing if he some how gets off he will come back because he is super talented.  The Rays or someone else will take a chanc. 

First, stay tuned for this season as Franco and. Bauer try to rehabilitate their images on reality TV.   Not to worry, all of the woman are the age of consent and trained in self-defense.

image.png.74a58821f955dfcd67042ffab040032a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

If Bauer were some combination of well-liked, humble, or non-controversial outside of his legal issues, someone would give him a shot. Domingo German is on a roster and it didn't register a blip on the news cycle because casual sports fans haven't heard of him. But just like the former 49ers QB, the Bauer headache outweighs what he would be likely to contribute on the field, so he remains unemployed.

If someone were going to take a chance on him, it would have already happened.

• Upvote 1