Bauer interested in O's

Bigbie03

Orioles have been a top 5 worst team in sports the last 25 years. We have  a World Series contending team. But people in here won’t want to add Bauer because of his personal life and what the media has told them. Laugh out loud. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Orioles have been a top 5 worst team in sports the last 25 years. We have  a World Series contending team. But people in here won’t want to add Bauer because of his personal life and what the media has told them. Laugh out loud. 

I'm not sure the Orioles are one of the two worst teams in sports in the surrounding Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area.

9 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Are you also LOLing at the 29 other GMs who don't want to sign him? 

As others have pointed out in the other threads ad nauseam, Bauer wasn't even a top pitcher in a league that is equivalent to AAAA in talent last season. He wasn't even the 2nd best pitcher on his own Japanese team.

And he has confessed he needs sticky stuff.

This idea that he would be great is foolish. Not to mention he'd be a cancer and divisive to the clubhouse.

• Upvote 1

I will be the first to admit that in years past I was all for giving these type of project or headache players an opportunity in order to flip them for controllable talent. I am now at the point that I believe the orioles have created a winning team and culture and don’t want a distraction. Elias does indeed seem to value character and I agree with that sediment. So, probably the first time in the past 30 years, I agree to pass. 

6 hours ago, PepeSylvia said:

Even ignoring his sexual offenses I think we've seen that Elias values character and having a solid clubhouse so I don't think he'd entertain the idea of Bauer.

He traded for Jack Flaherty