Jorge Mateo 2024

Just Regular

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.  With that said, I don't recall ever seeing as many collisions, or near collisions between 2B/SS as I have with Mateo/Gunner... at least in the relatively short sample size of them playing with one another. I think that's typically on the 2B.

Makes sense though. He’s a SS programmed to get all he can. Hard to turn that off.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IPlayGM said:

Makes sense though. He’s a SS programmed to get all he can. Hard to turn that off.

I agree completely, but that's an important thing to get under control if you're to continue playing 2B.  

I wouldn’t rely on Mateo playing baseball for the Orioles if it’s a dislocated elbow. It’s a hard injury to recover from in elite level sports. JJ Watt was wearing his brace years after his injury. 

1 hour ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I wouldn’t rely on Mateo playing baseball for the Orioles if it’s a dislocated elbow. It’s a hard injury to recover from in elite level sports. JJ Watt was wearing his brace years after his injury. 

A dislocation would be obvious without an MRI, so that is unlikely.

4 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.  With that said, I don't recall ever seeing as many collisions, or near collisions between 2B/SS as I have with Mateo/Gunner... at least in the relatively short sample size of them playing with one another. I think that's typically on the 2B.

Both of em are very rangey and Gunnar seems to get positioned closer to the second base bag often. 

26 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

If Mateo is out for an extended time, the question will be whether Holliday is healthy enough to get the call.  If he's not quite there yet, hopefully soon.

There is no "if" here.....that was bad.

29 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

If Mateo is out for an extended time, the question will be whether Holliday is healthy enough to get the call.  If he's not quite there yet, hopefully soon.

I just got tickets to the 8/22 Tides game, so you can be certain Holliday/Mayo will be in Baltimore by then. 

• Haha 2