Baltimore Orioles Spring Breakout Roster

cboemmeljr

Pretty much the names I expected to see, but a bit disappointed that Luis De Leon’s name is missing.  Makes me wonder about his health and status this spring.  You’d think this would be a great chance to showcase him and have him face top talent from another org. 

I’ll be at the game. Could not be more excited for it. Looks like some weather forecast to roll through Wednesday into next Thursday, so hope it clears out quickly and the game is not impacted. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I hadn't heard they were doing this. Very cool. I wonder who will be the 1B from that group... Mayo? 

I think I saw Billy Cook playing 1B in one of the spring games, that might explain his inclusion.  Has Willems played first before?  I can't remember.

1 hour ago, scarey1999 said:

Pretty much the names I expected to see, but a bit disappointed that Luis De Leon’s name is missing.  Makes me wonder about his health and status this spring.  You’d think this would be a great chance to showcase him and have him face top talent from another org. 

I’ll be at the game. Could not be more excited for it. Looks like some weather forecast to roll through Wednesday into next Thursday, so hope it clears out quickly and the game is not impacted. 

Saw video of DeLeon throwing a bullpen last couple of days.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I think I saw Billy Cook playing 1B in one of the spring games, that might explain his inclusion.  Has Willems played first before?  I can't remember.

Yes, Willems split time at C, 1B and DH at Aberdeen with Basallo last season 

Watching the game on MLB Network. The usual Pirates broadcast - no discussion of any of these players that are supposedly being “showcased” while interviewing a player that’s on the IL in the booth (with plenty of camera shots for some reason).

🤬🤬🤬

On 3/7/2024 at 11:59 AM, Fiver6565 said:

Yes, Billy Cook started at 1B