Twin Lakes lineup - low A Orioles

Karl of Delmarva

low A Atlanta v. low A Orioles on 3/13/24 at Twin Lakes Park, batting order through 1st few innings with position noted if  observed.

estrada 2b, arias ss, b. taveras cf,  sosa rf, ryan higgans, mordan catcher, cunningham lf,  a. de los santos 3b, luis deleon 1b, benavidas

starting pitcher was parra, followed by richmond, frias...

Karl of Delaware

• Thanks 2

On 3/13/2024 at 9:34 PM, Karl of Delmarva said:

low A Atlanta v. low A Orioles on 3/13/24 at Twin Lakes Park, batting order through 1st few innings with position noted if  observed.

estrada 2b, arias ss, b. taveras cf,  sosa rf, ryan higgans, mordan catcher, cunningham lf,  a. de los santos 3b, luis deleon 1b, benavidas

starting pitcher was parra, followed by richmond, frias...

Karl of Delaware

Did you lose the signon to your other account? 

thanks for he info though. Good to see Estrada healthy.

I'm very interested in how he, Arias, Tavera and Sosa do. I'm a little surprised that Cunningham is not with the Aberdeen team though. I imagine that Acevedo and Prado will start at Frederick along with Etzel and Bradford.

Please keep posting the lineups if you have them. It's always good to see where players are playing and at what positions. 

@Tony-OH Arias, Sosa, Tavera, Acevedo and Etzel all were in the “A” lineup when they played the A/A+ Pirates Thurs 3/14. Bradfield was in A+. 

Today 3/18 Beavers, Fabian and Basallo were in the AA lineup vs the Braves, to no one’s surprise. Nothing out of ordinary I noted lineup wise. Basallo took his last AB, which resulted in a weak ground out, very hard.  Saw him slam his helmet into the bench area and then into his own head several times…

Uninspiring lineups for both teams AAA game played on the field next to the AA game, which had all the attention.

I will say for what it’s worth, I’ve seen Keegan Gillies throw in two games now and he’s looked impressive.

I asked Almeyda today if he knew where he was starting and he said they haven’t said but he thinks in Sarasota. He’s not played in any twin lakes games yet. Just intra squad stuff, drills etc. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Basallo took his last AB, which resulted in a weak ground out, very hard.  Saw him slam his helmet into the bench area and then into his own head several times…

Perhaps Brian Roberts should have a word with Basallo about that.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Perhaps Brian Roberts should have a word with Basallo about that.  

Especially considering Basallo's superior bat speed.  Could be one humongous concussion.  😃

1 hour ago, scarey1999 said:

@Tony-OH Arias, Sosa, Tavera, Acevedo and Etzel all were in the “A” lineup when they played the A/A+ Pirates Thurs 3/14. Bradfield was in A+. 

Today 3/18 Beavers, Fabian and Basallo were in the AA lineup vs the Braves, to no one’s surprise. Nothing out of ordinary I noted lineup wise. Basallo took his last AB, which resulted in a weak ground out, very hard.  Saw him slam his helmet into the bench area and then into his own head several times…

Uninspiring lineups for both teams AAA game played on the field next to the AA game, which had all the attention.

I will say for what it’s worth, I’ve seen Keegan Gillies throw in two games now and he’s looked impressive.

I asked Almeyda today if he knew where he was starting and he said they haven’t said but he thinks in Sarasota. He’s not played in any twin lakes games yet. Just intra squad stuff, drills etc. 

Thanks for the info. Typically players that have no chance of starting at Delmarva are not going to play in regular spring training games, even with the "Delmarva" squad. AS much as I'd love to see Almeyda make the jump to Delmarva, we have to remember how young he is and how even the FCL will be a nice test after missing so much time last year with the injury.

Basallo may be putting too much pressure on himself if he's struggling to keep his emotions in check during a spring training game. That's not great to hear but hopefully just a blip on the radar. 

more linups from Twin Lakes:

March 13 high A Orioles (v. Braves high A)

Prado cf, Josenberger 2b, Tejada, Creed Willums 1b, Trimble rf, Pavaloni ca, Craig, Servidio ss,

Costas 1b, Hodo cf.   In the early innings S. Acevado  in for Prado with Reitzbach in for Trimble.

Pitchers were Watson, followed by Freeberg, Mendez, and others.

March 14th low A Orioles (v. low A Pirates)

Estrada ss, Hodo cf, Cunningham rf, A. De los santos 3b, Costas 1b, Bucce ca, S. Acevado lf,

Benavidas 2b, Nolaya or Noleta, Deson.  Starting pitcher was Forret.

March 14 high A Orioles (v. Pirates)        only got partial lineup

Isaac Deleon, Craig, Florentino, Romero, Bowen

Tony:  the older I get the more trouble I have with passwords, signing in, and like.

Karl of Delaware

12 hours ago, KarlofDelaware said:

more linups from Twin Lakes:

March 13 high A Orioles (v. Braves high A)

Prado cf, Josenberger 2b, Tejada, Creed Willums 1b, Trimble rf, Pavaloni ca, Craig, Servidio ss,

Costas 1b, Hodo cf.   In the early innings S. Acevado  in for Prado with Reitzbach in for Trimble.

Pitchers were Watson, followed by Freeberg, Mendez, and others.

March 14th low A Orioles (v. low A Pirates)

Estrada ss, Hodo cf, Cunningham rf, A. De los santos 3b, Costas 1b, Bucce ca, S. Acevado lf,

Benavidas 2b, Nolaya or Noleta, Deson.  Starting pitcher was Forret.

March 14 high A Orioles (v. Pirates)        only got partial lineup

Isaac Deleon, Craig, Florentino, Romero, Bowen

Tony:  the older I get the more trouble I have with passwords, signing in, and like.

Karl of Delaware

Karl, I can look up your old info and send it to you f you want. Or you can just use this one. Thanks for the info. Doc would be proud!