Callis looks at Os MiL pitching

Sports Guy

Nice synopsis and good to know Bright is looking good this spring so far. This is a big year for him to show he can stick as a starter. He's got he repertoire, but has to refine the command. I'm looking forward to watching him more and hoping they expend statcast data to AA this year to get a better feel for the pitches.

I'd really like to see them move Seth Johnson to relief and move him fast if he has success. If he can sit in the mid to upper 90s he's got a chance to help this season at some point. I get trying to get him as many innings as possible still, but he's going to be 26-years old before the year is out so they may want move him fast.

The only other pitching prospect he missed with Luis De Leon. I wonder what's up with him this spring? Haven't heard or seen any video of him pitching yet. Hope everything is good with him. He's one I'm really looking forward to seeing pitch this year with another year under his belt.

Re: De Leon - RZNJ said he saw video of him throwing bullpens in early March. 

I saw him at Twin Lakes last Thurs 3/14 but he was not pitching, just hanging out with the guys being a spectator. At least I think that was him. He was wearing #91 and it just said De Leon on the nameplate. I know it was for sure not Isaac. 

Bright looked incredible in person at the spring breakout game.  I know the TV footage sucked so it was probably hard to tell how good he was.  His whiff rate was through the roof.  So many bad looking swings and misses from the Pirates batters. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1