Samuel Basallo 2024

Just Regular

55 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He was pushed to AA at the end of last year without really proving anything in A+.   I guess they decided to put the brakes on the 17 year old.

Yep, that's why I said back at A+.  AA was a head scratcher last year for him.

Hopefully that gets him going. He’s off to a tough start. Of course, he also lost some time in ST, so he didn’t get the same offseason/spring training he normally gets. Perhaps a slow start should have been expected.

He played at first base tonight too.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Hopefully that gets him going. He’s off to a tough start. Of course, he also lost some time in ST, so he didn’t get the same offseason/spring training he normally gets. Perhaps a slow start should have been expected.

He played at first base tonight too.

Dropped a foul ball for an error. 

Had a couple of base hits up the middle last night, one of which was off a 98 MPH fastball, so maybe he's starting to get his timing down. 

He's still not driving the ball too much yet, but that will come. I think he's close to a breakout game.

• Upvote 1

Basallo is off to a very poor start this year and the 0-16 BB-K ratio is shocking after what he did last year. I don't know if he's pressing or the elbow is bothering him, but he's not driving the ball much at all this year.

Not sure anyone expected him to be slashing .237/.233/.322/.555 after 60 PAs with just one homer. I would bet a lot of money he would not be walkless at 60 PAs. Just really, really disappointing so far. He's looked really off balanced and out of sorts and his hits have been a lot ground balls. 

Hopefully he'll get it going soon. 

• Upvote 1

He is 5 years younger than the competition. Personally I feel like there's nothing to see here. He was on a heater when he was added to Bowie late last season. He's coming off an interrupted ST and stress fracture injury. He's 19. It's going to be ok lol.

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He's looked really off balanced and out of sorts and his hits have been a lot ground balls. 

I know it goes without saying, but if you're off balance, you don't have power. He probably needs to get back to focusing on his foundation...the basics. I still have no doubt about this kid, disappointing start notwithstanding.

6 hours ago, interloper said:

He is 5 years younger than the competition. Personally I feel like there's nothing to see here. He was on a heater when he was added to Bowie late last season. He's coming off an interrupted ST and stress fracture injury. He's 19. It's going to be ok lol.

What does this have to do with my statements? Are you excited over his start? It's ok to be disappointed in a player's start and not give up on him at all.

I just will never understand why some of you feel like you need to say "there's nothing to see here" without providing any context or statistical backing. What the hell is up with the snarky lol? That's the kind of BS that pisses me off. 

Basically, you are showing your fanboy status when do stuff like this. This is the Hangout. we make observations and then we back things up with pertinent stats or information. If you wanna be all fanboy and "lol" posts that give facts because the fanboy in you wants to say, "there's nothing to see here," save your typing. That kind of stuff really rubs me wrong especially when I deserve a lot more respect than you loling a factual post. 

If you want to be snarky, don't do it my posts. That's disrespectful and BS.

• Downvote 1