That was such a fun game to watch

I like going back to read the game threads after a game like this.  So much doom and gloom when things aren’t going well, as if the O’s have never come from behind to win a game before.   And then…boom!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Westburg and Cowser stole the show from Holliday

Not only that, they (and Gunnar) showed the newest kid how it gets done--with kind of a coming out party for both of them, as well as JH. Like, "See, it's not that hard. Remember how we mashed our way through the minors?"

3 hours ago, Idaho_OriolesFan said:

So this was the first game I've been able to just sit down and watch (i've been paying attention from the side). Man... these guys are so good... so much talent. What a time to be an Orioles fan!

Okay quick couple non-consequential thoughts
1. Keegan Akin was amazing. He threw a couple pitchers that I was like, 'whu?'... the way they shook in and hit right on the spot. Crazy! I could see how he could blow out though if his arm got weak or he was just off. He threw some crazy balls as well as the strikes

2. Gunnars mustache - ehh.. yeah dude shave it or grow a beard. But you know.. whatever

3. That gal sports announcer was driving me nuts talking about gunnar and jackson and dying their hair and .. omg.. stop... pls. mercy... 

Im so excited for this season.

That gal sports announcer is as you say does drive me nuts.  But I will say I hate her less as the years have gone by.  I dont like her but less nails on the chalk board.  Amber Theoharris was the best we have had by far.  Wish Angelos would of paid more and kept her here.  She was professional and smart and easy on the eyes.  Perfection.

https://images.app.goo.gl/BnKwHjsEtF6eJEei6

Edited by Gurgi
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gurgi said:

That gal sports announcer is as you say does drive me nuts.  But I will say I hate her less as the years have gone by.  I dont like her but less nails on the chalk board.  Amber Theoharris was the best we have had by far.  Wish Angelos would of paid more and kept her here.  She was professional and smart and easy on the eyes.  Perfection.

This is just kinda gross across the board.

Edited by elextrano8
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Glad I'm not the only one... i was sitting there cringing and my daughter was like wth? haha... then I had to rewind a couple times to see something and listen to it all over again *facepalm*

serioulsy though, it was such a great game though that that's picking at threads for me to complain about :) Gunnar and Rutschman are still my two favs .. though Rutschman had a rough night

Just now, Idaho_OriolesFan said:

YEah he was amazing. What's his track record for keeping his throw consistent and how many innings is he typically good for?

He has had stretches where he's been really good.  He was hurt last year.

He can go two innings, maaaaybe three if needed and he's rested.  

If he can keep putting up performances like he did last night, that's a huge asset in the bullpen for us.

6 hours ago, now said:

Not only that, they (and Gunnar) showed the newest kid how it gets done--with kind of a coming out party for both of them, as well as JH. Like, "See, it's not that hard. Remember how we mashed our way through the minors?"

Cowser can tell Holliday not to get down.  “I did much worse.”

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Cowser can tell Holliday not to get down.  “I did much worse.”

"I did much worse.  And then everyone on Orioles Hangout wanted to trade me to the f'ing White Sox this offseason for Cease.  I tell ya, Jackson, they love ya until they don't.  But if you start hitting again, they'll love ya."

9 hours ago, MTMan13 said:

What a win! Cowser is quickly becoming my favorite player! 

I'm in my early 30s, so all I really "have" is 2012 - 2016. This organization has a chance to put something much better than that together over a longer timeframe. It's fun to finally be able to feel close to that again. 

Same.  Went to my first O’s game in 1998. 🥲

This team was worth the wait. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

"I did much worse.  And then everyone on Orioles Hangout wanted to trade me to the f'ing White Sox this offseason for Cease.  I tell ya, Jackson, they love ya until they don't.  But if you start hitting again, they'll love ya."

So true.  This has been your favorite subject.  You’re like a dog with a bone.  You’re starting to remind me of Can_of_Corn.

BTW, Cowser better keep hitting because he must lead the team in K’s with a runner on 3rd and less than two outs.

• Haha 1