4/21 @ Royals

Morgan423

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Me too, because I felt Mayo could have replaced him. Though, maybe Mayo would be doing the same thing?

It is doubtful that Mayo would make the jump straight from AAA and be performing as well as Westburg is right now. Especially given his walk to strikeout numbers.

Let’s face it, Westburg (nor Cowser for that matter) was this hitter last year.

I know you know this Tony, but it takes time for almost all of them (including the best of them).

I don’t agree with everything that Elias does (like some/many posters) but his philosophy regarding staggering promotions to account for acclimation appears to be the correct approach.

6 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Apparently in Kaufman, that rail fence is part of the wall?  Blech.  

Isn't it the same on the flag court in OPACY?   You used to have to stand right up against the back of the scoreboard (and it was fairly high, especially for a non-tall person such as myself).   But they lowered the top of the scoreboard and put up a fence that is at "normal" height for a standing fence, and I believe if it hits the front of the fence it is still in play just as if it had hit the scoreboard.

10 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

is it me or does Holiday hit the ground ball to the right ...a lot?

Not sure about this Holiday guy, 😁  but Holliday, when he makes contact, does seem to be pulling the ball. Whether that's his swing or because he's hitting off-speed pitches without waiting sufficiently, I have no idea. It also seems like his contact comes on pitches at the bottom or below the zone, and he's not lifting the ball. He may have made contact on some high fastballs, but my impression is he's whiffing on those when he does swing.

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

It is doubtful that Mayo would make the jump straight from AAA and be performing as well as Westburg is right now. Especially given his walk to strikeout numbers.

Let’s face it, Westburg (nor Cowser for that matter) was this hitter last year.

I know you know this Tony, but it takes time for almost all of them (including the best of them).

I don’t agree with everything that Elias does (like some/many posters) but his philosophy regarding staggering promotions to account for acclimation appears to be the correct approach.

Not every player need a ton of adjustment. We don't know. And by the way, I'm not questioning Elias for not trading Westburg for Cease. I was just admitting that I was willing to move him for two years of Cease. 

Maybe Mayo would have struggled, or maybe he would have started off well, we don't know. What we do know is that Westburg has looked very good this year and it appears Elias made the right move not to include him.

We're going to look back and it was a stroke of genius to have Kjerstad on the team for the playoff push (and not Cowser) and allows another year of control for Cowser. Well unless he gets ROY or 2nd I guess then it's a moot point lol.

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Me too, because I felt Mayo could have replaced him. Though, maybe Mayo would be doing the same thing?

Only as a hitter maybe. I think Westburg's defensive skill and versatility are very important.

• Upvote 1