5/1: O's Shut Out 2-0

One small bright spot... Baumann was excellent tonight. Two full clean innings with 1 K, hitting spots with the FB and offspeed stuff was good. A lot of folks are down on Baumann but I am still rooting for him. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

One small bright spot... Baumann was excellent tonight. Two full clean innings with 1 K, hitting spots with the FB and offspeed stuff was good. A lot of folks are down on Baumann but I am still rooting for him. 

Bullpen has looked really good in this series. Big Mike turning the corner and becoming more consistent would be huge for this team. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Bullpen has looked really good in this series. Big Mike turning the corner and becoming more consistent would be huge for this team. 

I don't want to take anything away from Baumann, because his line last night was quite good. But last night's game was just one of those where ALL of the bats were silent. You or I could have tossed 2 scoreless last night IMO. That's just how that game went.

Oswaldo Cabrera does not hit. He ambushed Burnes after a frustrating moment and ran into one that beat us by an eyelash. Outside of that anomaly, nobody did anything noteworthy. 

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Good right game last night, just couldn’t get any offense going. Still fun to watch these tight games. 

Gil’s stuff looked anything but mediocre last night. 

We swung at tons of pitches that were outside the strike zone. 

1 hour ago, Sanfran327 said:

I don't want to take anything away from Baumann, because his line last night was quite good. But last night's game was just one of those where ALL of the bats were silent. You or I could have tossed 2 scoreless last night IMO. That's just how that game went.

Oswaldo Cabrera does not hit. He ambushed Burnes after a frustrating moment and ran into one that beat us by an eyelash. Outside of that anomaly, nobody did anything noteworthy. 

I respectfully have to disagree. I have no idea what your talents are, however I am quite certain that if I ever face MLB batters I'm gonna get shelled. These are the best of the best. Is it possible you might be underestimating things just a bit?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

I respectfully have to disagree. I have no idea what your talents are, however I am quite certain that if I ever face MLB batters I'm gonna get shelled. These are the best of the best. Is it possible you might be underestimating things just a bit?

Obviously, the bit about me and you tossing 2 shut out innings was a joke. But the fact that our two worst bullpen arms went out and had 3 clean innings tells me just how flat the bats were for them last night. Again, I don't want to take away from Baumann, but we know who he is at this point. I don't think last night changes anything for him or anyone's perception of who he is, which at the moment, is probably the next guy in line to get cut when Means returns.

• Like 1