Saturday, May 18: A Wet one vs The Seamen

Pre game decisions to start, or not, are at the home team's discretion.   Once the game starts it's in the hands of the umpire crew chief.

I'm sure they didn't start because no one wants to start, have a delay, and then not want to bring back the starting pitcher after the delay, because he has too much downtime, and use 7 innings of relief.   So they err on the side of waiting based on the forecast.  That's an Oriole decision but I'll bet the Mariners were happy with it too.

I guess they put pitcher health above the desires of the fans.   Given the $ involved,  I guess that decision makes sense on a cost/benefit basis.  If you are sitting there in a non-rain situation not watching baseball like Denise, I can see how that would be annoying.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Rain delay gives me a chance to do what I didn't earlier because I was out this afternoon:

Roster MoveGrayson Rodriguez activated from disabled list.   MIchael Baumann designated for assignment.

MatchupLuis Castillo (R) vs Grayson Rodriguez (R)

Lineups

Orioles Bench
James McCann (R)
Ryan Mountcastle (R)
Kyle Stowers (L)
Ramon Urias (R)

Orioles Bullpen

Available
Yennier Cano (R)    0.2 IP, 3p last night
Danny Coulombe (L)   1.0 IP, 15p Wednesday

Craig Kimbrel  (R)   1.0 IP, 16p Monday 
Cionel Perez (L)   1.1 IP, 16p Wednesday
Albert Suarez (R)   3.0 IP, 43p Sunday;  0.1 IP, 6p Saturday

Jacob Webb (R)    0.1 IP, 14p last night;  1.0 IP, 32p Wednesday 

Maybe Available
Keegan Akin (L)   1.0 IP, 11p last night

Edited by SteveA
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Pre game decisions to start, or not, are at the home team's discretion.   Once the game starts it's in the hands of the umpire crew chief.

I'm sure they didn't start because no one wants to start, have a delay, and then not want to bring back the starting pitcher after the delay, because he has too much downtime, and use 7 innings of relief.   So they err on the side of waiting based on the forecast.  That's an Oriole decision but I'll bet the Mariners were happy with it too.

I guess they put pitcher health above the desires of the fans.   Given the $ involved,  I guess that decision makes sense on a cost/benefit basis.  If you are sitting there in a non-rain situation not watching baseball like Denise, I can see how that would be annoying.

I feel like that actually benefits the Mariners. We can just put in Irvin after the delay, whereas they have to find a replacement for Castillo that can eat innings.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Lies. 

I'm way too much a snob for Blink-182.

I was honestly just about to post this on the music forum.

Apparently he's Czech.  I'm not finding links in English.

Anyhoo working on a Peel Session Spotify playlist.