O's Acquire Thyago Vieira

44 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

You're just the complainer of the day

You’re always this nice to new posters? Sure is a lot of jock testosterone around these parts

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

So what happened to all the millions of posts I’ve seen here and on Camden chat about how everyone is really worried that the Orioles aren’t signing their new young stars to extensions?

Was I completely hallucinating? ?

strange 

Maybe somehow I’ve moved to a new dimension. Kind of cool. Hope there’s less rednecks.

You started your uneducated rant talking about the Os payroll right now.

The Os could sign all their young players to extensions tomorrow and their payroll next year will still likely be very low.  

None of these guys start to make payroll difference making money until like 2026 or later and even then, it’s not that much.

Now, if you want to have a discussion on signing guys to extensions, there are other threads for that and it’s being discussed and many people want that..although it’s extremely overrated because you have these guys for the next several years anyway. 

Edited by Sports Guy

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You are confusing an extension and how things work money wise.

We could sign Henderson for 300M tomorrow and his salary would still be nothing next year.

You said you don’t pay attention to the finances of things. You should actually try to educate yourself before ranting about things.

The idea that you are getting your info from dipsh!ts on the internet tells me all we need to know. 

Dipshits! Ranting! Educate yourself! Yeah that’s it! 😵‍💫

i’m starting to think maybe there’s a reason I haven’t posted for 10 years.

and I don’t think it’s me

Edited by Phil Beckett

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You started your uneducated rant talking about the Os payroll right now.

The Os could sign all their young players to extensions tomorrow and their payroll next year will still likely be very low.  

None of these guys start to make payroll difference making money until like 2026 or later and even then, it’s not that much.

Now, if you want to have a discussion on signing guys to extensions, there are other threads for that and it’s being discussed and many people want that..although it’s extremely overrated because you have these guys for the next several years anyway. 

Uneducated rant. 🤣We are not talking about solving the worlds problems. We are talking about a game called baseball.

Get some perspective.

1 minute ago, Phil Beckett said:

Dipshits! Ranting! Educate yourself! Yeah that’s it! 😵‍💫

i’m starting to think maybe there’s a reason I haven’t posted for 10 years.

and I don’t think it’s me

Well I’m guessing if you stopped now, no one would care.  

That being said, your ranting is uneducated, wrong and really stupid.

So, if that’s how you want to come across, have at it but while you are sitting here crying that people are “being mean to you”, you are choosing to not educate yourself and instead, are just coming across as a total jackass.

We can all agree that we hope new ownership isn’t like the old ownership and there is nothing that has been done so far that should make anyone feel that way.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You are confusing an extension and how things work money wise.

We could sign Henderson for 300M tomorrow and his salary would still be nothing next year.

You said you don’t pay attention to the finances of things. You should actually try to educate yourself before ranting about things.

The idea that you are getting your info from dipsh!ts on the internet tells me all we need to know. 

Would you talk to a 10-year-old kid who had the same question about this game? Is there something wrong with you? Seriously. What is your problem?

1 minute ago, Phil Beckett said:

Uneducated rant. 🤣We are not talking about solving the worlds problems. We are talking about a game called baseball.

Get some perspective.

You are the one who came into this thread talking about the Os being cheap and crying about the payroll.  Maybe you need perspective.

People are just pointing out why you are wrong and instead of saying, well explain to me why I’m wrong or asking questions, you are ignoring things and just focusing on the bs.

You complain about payroll…I tell you that extensions won’t change it.  And you talk about my perspective.  Way to go! You listen as well as my 7 year old.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well I’m guessing if you stopped now, no one would care.  

That being said, your ranting is uneducated, wrong and really stupid.

So, if that’s how you want to come across, have at it but while you are sitting here crying that people are “being mean to you”, you are choosing to not educate yourself and instead, are just coming across as a total jackass.

We can all agree that we hope new ownership isn’t like the old ownership and there is nothing that has been done so far that should make anyone feel that way.

Something wrong with you 

Your anger and insults toward me are way out of line. And I think I have to remind you again. We are talking about a fun game called baseball. Why all your anger because I don’t know about financial stuff that stupid team does? And I am asking questions. You would make a lousy teacher.

1 minute ago, 52520Andrew said:

Seems like some lottery tickets were exchanged, way too early to figure out if this is good or not but will see if the pitching coaches can get something working.

They had to see something they liked.  Not sure what it could be outside of velo but has to be something.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

You are the one who came into this thread talking about the Os being cheap and crying about the payroll.  Maybe you need perspective.

People are just pointing out why you are wrong and instead of saying, well explain to me why I’m wrong or asking questions, you are ignoring things and just focusing on the bs.

You complain about payroll…I tell you that extensions won’t change it.  And you talk about my perspective.  Way to go! You listen as well as my 7 year old.

They are cheap. Am I the first one that has said this? We cannot go on any further until you answer that question. If I’m not the first person that has said that the Orioles are cheap, then you’re attacking me for no reason at all.

8 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

Gee

are you gonna ban me? Why would I get banned? You don’t like my questions or comments?

I thought we were just talking about a game that people play for fun called baseball. I didn’t know this was life and death.

Oh I have no authority whatsover to ban you. But I've been around long enough to know that posters like you don't last long. I could be wrong (and other HO members would need to chime in) I'm probably the least likely contributor to quarrel with anyone. 

But I can surmise from your posts that your only MO is to ruffle feathers with no regard for reason or logic.  It's not going to go well for you if you continue to be sensational and combative. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Phil Beckett said:

Something wrong with you 

Your anger and insults toward me are way out of line. And I think I have to remind you again. We are talking about a fun game called baseball. Why all your anger because I don’t know about financial stuff that stupid team does? And I am asking questions. You would make a lousy teacher.

I’m not angry at all. I’m telling you why you are wrong and pointing out why people are “jumping on you”.

You are being purposely obtuse.

again, your ranting is based on something that is factually wrong. 

Just now, Jagwar said:

Oh I have no authority whatsover to ban you. But I've been around long enough to know that posters like you don't last long. I could be wrong (and other HO members would need to chime in) I'm probably the least likely contributor to quarrel with anyone. 

But I can surmise from your posts that your only MO is to ruffle feathers with no regard for reason or logic.  It's not going to go well for you if you continue to be sensational and combative. 

Nice reception guys. Have a great day.

👍🏼

Just now, Sports Guy said:

I’m not angry at all. I’m telling you why you are wrong and pointing out why people are “jumping on you”.

You are being purposely obtuse.

again, your ranting is based on something that is factually wrong. 

This is getting laughable. I’m doing all those things?🤣