Friday 5/31 vs the Devil Rays with BRob in the booth.

Malike

3 minutes ago, justD said:

I really try to stay interested in these games lately.  Had great expectations for our offense against Civale.  Once again, my expectations are getting me into trouble.

The other thing making it difficult to watch this one is Brian Roberts.  Everyone in the thread seems to love him (except SteveA), but I find his voice grating and I guess I never have felt much positive for him after he a) "tried it once and didn't like it," (riiiight), and b) got to play for his "dream team" and made a big deal of it.  Used to love watching him steal 2B, such perfect mechanics like ballet.  But he's annoying to me as a color guy. 

Anyway, yet another game where they can't seem to best a mediocre pitcher.  Has just become boring (!) 

c) Hitting himself in the head with a bat and giving himself a concussion.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, justD said:

I really try to stay interested in these games lately.  Had great expectations for our offense against Civale.  Once again, my expectations are getting me into trouble.

The other thing making it difficult to watch this one is Brian Roberts.  Everyone in the thread seems to love him (except SteveA), but I find his voice grating and I guess I never have felt much positive for him after he a) "tried it once and didn't like it," (riiiight), and b) got to play for his "dream team" and made a big deal of it.  Used to love watching him steal 2B, such perfect mechanics like ballet.  But he's annoying to me as a color guy. 

Anyway, yet another game where they can't seem to best a mediocre pitcher.  Has just become boring (!) 

You're not the only one. I'm not a fan either.

Just now, spleen1015 said:

You're not the only one. I'm not a fan either.

You can't make everyone happy. I don't mind Melanie at all but 99% of the posts in a game thread she's calling are about how awful she is and how her voice is "grating".

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

another snooze of an offense...against a mediocre pitcher...

I'm actually getting bored and wondering if it's wise for me to invest my time watching, even with as much as I love the Orioles.

Just now, Malike said:

You can't make everyone happy. I don't mind Melanie at all but 99% of the posts in a game thread she's calling are about how awful she is and how her voice is "grating".

I think Melanie is great.

Just now, Malike said:

r/baseball LOVES Kevin Brown.

A couple guys here can't stand him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Malike said:

You can’t please everyone is so true.  The years with Jim Hunter and Mike Bordick were long for me.  I think we are very lucky now.