Bullpen game Thursday

orioles22

Something was said about perhaps giving Bradish extra rest, which is why no starter is listed Thursday, I guess.

Maybe Tate and Vespi could get us through four or five innings and go from there. Having Rodriguez and Burnes going deep into games the past two nights should help if they are going to skip Bradish.

12 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Something was said about perhaps giving Bradish extra rest, which is why no starter is listed Thursday, I guess.

Maybe Tate and Vespi could get us through four or five innings and go from there. Having Rodriguez and Burnes going deep into games the past two nights should help if they are going to skip Bradish.

we could see Povich on Thursday,,,

16 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I don’t think we can afford to spend a game burning up the pen.

It will be Povich or Tehran

If it’s Teheran, I’ll puke.  He’s done nothing to justify a major league start.   

28 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

We don't have an off day coming up. I'd rather see Povich or even Zimmermann than a bullpen day. Vespi pitched today so he shouldn't pitch more than an inning.

I haven't noticed Zimmerman in the Norfolk box scores lately. I wonder if he's out. He would be a logical solution for one game.

Webb only threw 7 pitches today, Vespi threw 12, but gave up a couple 95 exits Velos, and didn’t have a single swinging strike. They can each pitch tomorrow if needed.

That will help Thursday, but are we sure Bradish can’t pitch?

59 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

On the other hand it is the dead team walking Blue Jays. I say let Povich get the start and hope he pitches into the fifth inning.

I think the Jays can easily even this series...Berrios is excellent , and Kukuchi is a good pitcher too...we wont have our best arms pitching against those two...so Id be very happy to win one of those two...