Live upset thread!

O's are Legends

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did 4 pay brackets and it was pretty blah. Two 20-12, a 22-10, and a 24-8. The saving grace is I don't have any Elite 8 teams out and I have two brackets with all my sweet 16 teams alive, one with only one out and one with 2 out. Obviously a lot depends on your scoring system but I've learned that if you don't bury yourself by losing multiple Elite 8 and or a Final Four team by the first weekend that you pretty much got a chance if you got 20 points after the 1st round.

BTW...... Wake losing isn't that suprising but never being in the game and down double digits most of the way is inexcusable as a 4 seed. CLev St was clearly the dominant team tonight.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Well if we are going to be tooting horns I'll copy and paste my post from last Sunday night after the brackets came out.

I have no trust in Wake away from home. None. I wouldn't be suprised to see them lose to CLev St. Not sure I can pull the trigger there but I might considering I won't have them past the 1st weekend.

Upsets off the top of my head:

USC>BC

Utah St>Marquette

Wisc>Florida St

WKU> Illinois

Mich>Clemson

Now that's sick considering UTah State had Marquette beat early today and choked it away down the stretch and I didn't even mention Arizona who I also picked but wasn't considering it an upset. :notworthy:

Oh yeah, by the time Wednesday rolled around I ended up not trusting my instincts and went conservative picking FSU, Wake and BC in most of my brackets.:bangwall:

I did 4 pay brackets and it was pretty blah. Two 20-12, a 22-10, and a 24-8. The saving grace is I don't have any Elite 8 teams out and I have two brackets with all my sweet 16 teams alive, one with only one out and one with 2 out. Obviously a lot depends on your scoring system but I've learned that if you don't bury yourself by losing multiple Elite 8 and or a Final Four team by the first weekend that you pretty much got a chance if you got 20 points after the 1st round.

BTW...... Wake losing isn't that suprising but never being in the game and down double digits most of the way is inexcusable as a 4 seed. CLev St was clearly the dominant team tonight.

No doubt about it.

That was a pathetic performance by a very talented team.

Good chance Johnson, Aminu and Teague will all be gone as well.

No doubt about it.

That was a pathetic performance by a very talented team.

Good chance Johnson, Aminu and Teague will all be gone as well.

Teague's been gone for a month...As much as he clearly hopes they were watching, I hope NBA scouts weren't.

Glad I finally got a couple upsets right with Cleveland St. and Arizona. I also picked WKU correctly. But my other picks of Utah St., VCU, Minnesota, and Temple didn't come to fruition.

I did particularly horrible in the 6/11 and 7/10 games this year. The only one I got right was MD i think.

Right on with the Wake/coaching comments, Sports Guy. Gaudio should be fired for the way his team finished the season, and I'm not a Wake fan. That team is so ridiculously talented, a close second to UNC as far as the ACC goes, but they were running around with their heads cut off last night and against the Terps.

Give Gary, Coach K, or Roy Williams that team and they make the final four.

Right on with the Wake/coaching comments, Sports Guy. Gaudio should be fired for the way his team finished the season, and I'm not a Wake fan. That team is so ridiculously talented, a close second to UNC as far as the ACC goes, but they were running around with their heads cut off last night and against the Terps.

Give Gary, Coach K, or Roy Williams that team and they make the final four.

Gaudio should be fired? Seriously?

Gaudio should be fired? Seriously?
I don't know about if he should be fired or not, but there is no arguing that he is a terrible in-game coach. Plus he hasn't had his team prepared for their two biggest games of the season.

We'll see if he can get players in - remember most of the guys there now were Prosser's guys - but if I was a Wake fan I would have almost no confidence in Gaudio.

I don't know about if he should be fired or not, but there is no arguing that he is a terrible in-game coach. Plus he hasn't had his team prepared for their two biggest games of the season.

We'll see if he can get players in - remember most of the guys there now were Prosser's guys - but if I was a Wake fan I would have almost no confidence in Gaudio.

Wow, Aminu was a TOP, TOP recruit that he got in there. I think he needs to be given a bit more of a chance myself.

Archived