June 6 at Toronto.

Gurgi

Very strange because I envisioned the O'Hearn home run before it happened. I remembered when he hit one in Toronto last season in a clutch situation. 

The deficit was just much to overcome in the end. Flush it, safe travels, and win tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

If we gave a little more effort yesterday, I could accept this loss today.  We are going to be 4 1/2 games out and sinking.

We are 10-4 in our last 14 games i hardly call that sinking.  If the Yanks win 120 games their isn't much we can do.  They have still been pretty much completely healthy if they stay that was all year they will be tough to beat.  

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Haha you just knew a little worm like Stowers wasn’t coming through there

Think he hit a go ahead or game tying HR against the White Sox last year in the late innings, or maybe the year before... but yea he was overmatched there.  

Edited by Emory Eagle

47 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

I realize the game threads are a place to vent but I doubt you'll find many Toronto fans who are thrilled that Nate Pearson, once a future ace, has ended up as a middle reliever.

That's not the point though. The quality of the arms is the difference. Dillon Tate was pitching in a situation where you would normally bring in a quality reliever to hold it at a three runs lead, but no, they had to bring in Dillon "AAA stuff" Tate who promptly throws a A-ball middle middle slider on 1-2. 1-2! 1 freakin' 2. 

Ends up being the difference in the game.

• Upvote 2

Close losses, but two winnable games. Oh well. Both losses ended up on the bullpens after having to cover down on the "bullpen game". 

Elias needs to upgrade the arms out there. 

• Upvote 3