Monday 6/24 vs. Cleveland

86this

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

None of those guys changes the need for offense at that position.   

So where are you going to get a CFer who can play defense and hit? It looks like the Orioles assumed Mullins could handle the position, with Cowser his backup. I don't know that there's a Plan B.

The Orioles could reduce McAnn's ABs and eliminate Urias', but don't seem interested. A non-hitting Mullins and Cowser create a tougher problem.

Just now, Philip said:

None of the guys you mention is worse than Mullins, who has been awful all season. I wouldn’t want Mateo or Hays in CF, but they are certainly better offensively. So “fire up”? Maybe not. But “Better,”? Almost certainly.

Hays does not have the range to play CF anymore maybe a couple years ago he was passable. Hays is looking slow playing LF his usual position this year. I wouldn't rule out a trade for a CF that can actually hit some. I think it's not likely, but it has to be on Elias' radar.

Things are never as bad as they seem during a a slump,  this team just went from great pitching and hitting to neither, so we will bounce back. We need the Mets to win tonight and the loss doesn't hurt us in the division. It would take a huge collapse for us not to make the playoffs. 

Just now, Yossarian said:

Why does Brown say the Orioles lost their last two when they lost their last three?  I guess,  technically,  they have lost the last two,  but it's worse than that. 

Because we had that feel good game Friday night.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

So where are you going to get a CFer who can play defense and hit? It looks like the Orioles assumed Mullins could handle the position, with Cowser his backup. I don't know that there's a Plan B.

The Orioles could reduce McAnn's ABs and eliminate Urias', but don't seem interested. A non-hitting Mullins and Cowser create a tougher problem.

I have no idea.   It certainly won't be Bradfield, either.  They may have to get a CF via trade or find a Rule 5 guy