4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can't name many more Angels past Trout and my guy Jo Adell.  I guess whathisface, the third baseman that's always hurt.  

The Angels are like baseball Siberia, almost.

Are they still paying Josh Hamilton?

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

Absolutely baffling draft. The analysts just described him as "smart, gritty, but not with any elite tools or skills". I have to say I have really been down on the last couple of drafts. I don't know how you pass on Brecht there. 

There is a reason that Brecht is still there at 34, we might not know it, but there is one.

• Upvote 3

Ok, so let's say that there is some reason why Brecht keeps falling that we don't know about. Please justify this pick regardless. There were guys with far more upside available and we still need pitching. Our infield and outfield are stacked. We just drafted a guy that could have an upside of Jorge Mateo. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't even understand the aircraft carrier analogy.  I think it's so weird though, but this pinecone on the MLB Network show says it like it means something.

I guess he carries everyone? O'Dowd loves to call people that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't even understand the aircraft carrier analogy.  I think it's so weird though, but this pinecone on the MLB Network show says it like it means something.

O’Dowd started in Orioles organization! Be nice. 😆 

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• All true, but the bottom line is our offense is way too up-and-down and our bullpen is a shambles. We are limping our way to hopefully a wildcard spot.  And that is not a certainty!
    • Right on, Roy. To your point, I was even getting some Boddicker '83 vibes from that curve with command, a thing of beauty.
    • You are talking about the Yankees?   Because they are 23-27 in their last 50.
    • Hard to complain about any moves Hyde made tonight when offense could only score 1 run and that was a HR by Gunnar.  Failed multiple time w/ RISP.  Big surprise.  Cano choked in a big moment.  I mean if Hyde can't trust Cano, who is he supposed to trust, and don't say Povich who was looking shaky and had never pitched in the 7th.
    • The O's/Elias needs to develop more pitching.  The O's are a good team now and can't grab good pitchers off the waiver wire.  The O's even with how they are playing are one of the last teams able to place claims on the waiver wire.  The O's haven't even developed hardly any relievers.  Most of the relievers the O's have had in their bullpen have been acquired in trades and off the waiver wire.  Face it our pitching development (starters and relievers) sucks.  That is a big part of the failure of the bullpen this year is that there are no pitchers in AAA ready to supplement the pen.  The pitching in Norfolk has been some of the worst in AAA other than Povich and McDermott and a couple of others.  Even with the great offense there most of the year, they have been mostly a .500 team.
    • Ain't that a good starting point---or last 3 games.
    • I think we saw something special on Saturday night. When saw a young pitcher, who barely looks like he's reached puberty, bounce back into the major leagues after being hammered and battered a few weeks before. I ,for one said Povich wasn't worthy of the major leagues, and maybe at the time I had evidence of that. I thought ,I doubt we will even see this kid again this season and then who knows after? I was wrong. And as Dan Bankhead of the Brooklyn Dodgers, once said "youre not just wrong....you're loud wrong." This was no fluke. The kid had terrific command, threw strikes all the time, had about 15 or 16 whiffs at last count. O walks in 6 and a third..6 strikeouts.With a better bullpen maybe he would've gotten the win. But he didnt. WE DIDNT. The bullpen is tissue thin, and getting more and more ineffective, and it doesnt bode well for the next few weeks. But tonight we saw a young pitcher perhaps come of age. Great command, control, assortment of pitches, and something else....POISE. He controlled the game with smarts and changing speeds. He never lost his cool. I was wrong. I was very impressed. Now the thing that matters most, when theres more video on him. ...Can he do it again? If he pitches like he did tonight as a starter we may have  discovered something big for the next 6-7 weeks. And just maybe beyond. Maybe he'll  even pitch out of the bullpen in the late season run or in (hopefully) the post season run. I was impressed We lost, but we also won on Saturday night.
  • Popular Contributors