5 losses in a row. Baltimore...we have a problem. Thread revisit...O's have no way to win the WS unless...

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I didn’t realize it only took one team to make a deal.

Do you think Mayo is better than at least 5 of the players we currently have on the roster?

I will wait patiently for your answer..........

Because last I checked?  They absolutely refuse to call him up despite playing guys over him who can't hit the broadside of a barn. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

13 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

I’m going to assume he is talking about internal moves and promotions. It’s gotten sort of ridiculous guys like Mayo and Stowers haven’t been given more of a chance. Even Kjerstad before he got hurt was not playing anything close to regularly. This isn’t 2021 or 2022. It’s time to move on from Hays, Mullins, Urias and look at the future. The future is now, not in 2032.

I don’t think this is what he meant but let’s go with this anyway.

It’s an interesting thought. Mullins has a 58 wRC+ in July. Hays has a 79 wRC+

Hays has seen his OPS drop 45 points in a few weeks.

Mullins’ OPS is at a 636 OPS. He has not been above 665 since May 2.

Its fair to say moving on from these guys isn’t really going to hurt us.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t think this is what he meant but let’s go with this anyway.

It’s an interesting thought. Mullins has a 58 wRC+ in July. Hays has a 79 wRC+

Hays has seen his OPS drop 45 points in a few weeks.

Mullins’ OPS is at a 636 OPS. He has not been above 665 since May 2.

Its fair to say moving on from these guys isn’t really going to hurt us.

SG , maybe someone forgot to tell Hyde that detail ?

On 6/25/2024 at 6:48 PM, OnlyOneOriole said:

I do not write this post to sound ultra one way or the other.    In other words I am an not an extremist.  I am however a realist. 

The facts are this.   The Os have lost 5 in a row and have lost 3 of their starting 5 pitchers.  Add on top of that their top middle reliever and maybe the best closer in baseball.  All since last August or so.

The injuries have added up and added up.  And trust me Jackson Holliday is not coming to save the day. 

IMO the Os need to trade at a minimum Jackson Holliday, Heston, and another decent prospect from AA. 

All for pitching.  And by pitching I mean a Big time starter under control for at least 2 or 3 years and 1 if not 2 relievers.

Because as the Os are situated now?  

I will say it again, just like I said last YEAR.....when I was proven right. 

The Os have no chance to win the ALCS, much less the WS, with the team they have.    NOW.

Before the pitching injuries?  Yes. I would have said they can.  I mean I love Means.  I love Bradish.  I love FB.  All 3 are potential all stars.  And add in the other injuries?

We are screwed unless we make trades. 

I would start with signing Trevor Bauer.  He throws 97 and is hungry.  Go from there.

Well again, I don't want to say I told you so.  But I told you so. 

I made this thread a while ago when I started to see the red flags.  We have gone from "Baltimore we have a problem" to a full blown major malfunction.

All the issues I made in the OP are still there, PLUS the entire team now seems to have acted like everyone's dog died.  Or everyone's wives and gfs are all cheating on them.

If we keep playing this way?  We 100% are not making the playoffs.  Let alone win the division.  This isn't just bad play.  This is worst team in the league bad play. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Well again, I don't want to say I told you so.  But I told you so. 

I made this thread a while ago when I started to see the red flags.  We have gone from "Baltimore we have a problem" to a full blown major malfunction.

All the issues I made in the OP are still there, PLUS the entire team now seems to have acted like everyone's dog died.  Or everyone's wives and gfs are all cheating on them.

If we keep playing this way?  We 100% are not making the playoffs.  Let alone win the division.  This isn't just bad play.  This is worst team in the league bad play. 

Well since this is worst team in the league bad play you can stop talking about trading the entire farm system for a couple years of a high injury risk pitcher. -- Dont need em no one pitcher can fix worst team in the league play. 

Just now, Winter said:

Well since this is worst team in the league bad play you can stop talking about trading the entire farm system for a couple years of a high injury risk pitcher. -- Dont need em no one pitcher can fix worst team in the league play. 

Thing is I don't think the season is lost.  We can win the division and maybe even a WS with the proper pitching trades and a change in mental psyche.  The talent is there.

I will be killed for saying this but imo the Os need to make a managerial change and do it now.  Hyde has lost this team and he makes terrible decisions.  Trade for a high end closer, an elite starter, and fire Hyde and bring in fresh blood.

Hyde was never expected to take them to the next level.  He was supposed to be a transitional manager between absolute suckage and the youngsters making the parent club.  He has shown me he cannot do what it takes to turn this around. 

But....the season is not lost.  Yet.  Changes need to be made though asap.