Bowden on some Os related deadline thoughts

Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, slakattack said:

No, the one he'll turn into once you put him an O's uni again.

So you are letting the 34.2 innings he threw for us last year irrationally cloud your judgment as I expected.  He may struggle again if we acquire him, he may not.  The 2024 version of him would be a huge upgrade to the rotation and it is certainly worth considering if the price is right. 

1 minute ago, Big Mac said:

So you are letting the 34.2 innings he threw for us last year irrationally cloud your judgment as I expected.  He may struggle again if we acquire him, he may not.  The 2024 version of him would be a huge upgrade to the rotation and it is certainly worth considering if the price is right. 

This is classic OH talk (why I limit my time here). There is someone lying in wait somewhere on this board to explain to you the difference between pitching in the AL Central vs. AL East, but I'll leave that to them. At a certain level, I root for the laundry and he didn't wear the laundry well once already when it mattered and I guarantee there are many paying customers who feel the same way that I do.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slakattack said:

This is classic OH talk (why I limit my time here). There is someone lying in wait somewhere on this board to explain to you the difference between pitching in the AL Central vs. AL East, but I'll leave that to them. At a certain level, I root for the laundry and he didn't wear the laundry well once already when it mattered and I guarantee there are many paying customers who feel the same way that I do.

I don't think anyone here needs that explained to them.  We just typically expect better analysis then "he was bad for us over 34 innings once so no" which is what you offered.  Would you not have been interested in re-acquiring Jake Arrieta after he went to the Cubs had he been available?

Edited by Big Mac

18 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

If Skubal is available, well, BAH GAWD...

jimross.jpg

🤣

Even if Skubal is or becomes available, you already know many here will not want to acquire him. They will squawk about the (not wanting to surrender valuable prospects) or propose scenarios where Norby, Urias, Hays, Stowers are enough to acquire one of the best pitchers in the game.

You don’t need to have prescient powers to see that coming…lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Even if Skubal is or becomes available, you already know many here will not want to acquire him. They will squawk about the (not wanting to surrender valuable prospects) or propose scenarios where Norby, Urias, Hays, Stowers are enough to acquire one of the best pitchers in the game.

You don’t need to have prescient powers to see that coming…lol

Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately for you, it comes down to what Elias would offer for Skubal.

• Upvote 1