Skubal trade..Kjerstad, Mountcastle, McDermott and Bradfield?

Skubal trade  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Kjerstad, Mountcastle, Bradfield and McDermott for Skubal?

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

While I’d hate to give up Mayo, I think Mayo/Povich for Skubal is too much of a no brainer for the Orioles.   Even if Mayo is a power hitting 3B it’s still a no brainer.    

We still would have an infield of Westburg, Henderson, Holliday, Mountcastle/O’Hearn and an outfield with Cowser and Kjerstad with Basallo still in waiting.   Skubal would fit perfectly on top with GRod with Kremer as the #3 going into next year.   Still, a ton a payroll room too.   

Strategically, dealing from depth to address a need.  Seems too easy to me.   

I’ve been waiting a long time to say this to you…lol

I agree with all of this %100

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I’ve been waiting a long time to say this to you…lol

I agree with all of this %100

Ha.  Yeah, but I don’t think it would be that easy.   I’m coming around on giving one of the big 3 for someone like Skubal.  

24 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ha.  Yeah, but I don’t think it would be that easy.   I’m coming around on giving one of the big 3 for someone like Skubal.  

I don't begrudge anyone for being hesitant is wanting to surrender young players with immense potential like Holliday, Mayo, Basallo.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb in believing like everyone else that they all will be very good/maybe great?

However, when I look at how our current team is constructed, I think we will be fine now and in the longer term without the services of one because of all of the other elite to good offensive talent that we have. However, if we could exchange one for an equivalent pitching talent, IMO that would best serve our desired outcome this season and beyond.

• Upvote 1

Definitely would be willing to trade a lot more for Skubal considering he would have 2 additional years team control after this season if I were the Os. He would slot into Burns role next year as the TOR with Grayson after him 

13 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

Definitely would be willing to trade a lot more for Skubal considering he would have 2 additional years team control after this season if I were the Os. He would slot into Burns role next year as the TOR with Grayson after him 

I hear you but still want them to extend Burnes

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Of course, if Skubal tears his UCL this August then you only have him for 1 post TJ season and you gave up 6 years of a potential all-star mvp middle infielder.   That’s why Elias won’t do it.

Right. And Skubal left arm has already gone thru TJ once in 2016/2017 and surgery for flexor tendon in 2022.  Some  posters are acting like it’s a given to get 3yrs of health and postseason run.  When it may at best be 50/50 for a guy who throws 97 with that injury history. 

Every player is one throw/pitch away from a season ending injury...  what if Mayo tears an ACL?  What if Kjerstad has Myocarditis return?  What if Mountcastle has a vertigo relapse?  Etc...

10 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

Would one of Kjerstad, Cowser, one of McDermott, Povich, Norby and a lower level prospect get it done?

Not a chance. Tarik Skubal would be like the Padres trading Soto. Skubal isn't the best pitcher in baseball, but he's close to it and with 2.5 years of control. He's going to require multiple blue-chip prospects

10 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

Every player is one throw/pitch away from a season ending injury...  what if Mayo tears an ACL?  What if Kjerstad has Myocarditis return?  What if Mountcastle has a vertigo relapse?  Etc...

The injury rates for pitchers and position players isn't comparable but you know that.

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The injury rates for pitchers and position players isn't comparable but you know that.

My point being, injuries happen. It's almost impossible for a team to win the World Series without good pitching. The Orioles need a rotation upgrade to have a chance at the title. 

33 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

My point being, injuries happen. It's almost impossible for a team to win the World Series without good pitching. The Orioles need a rotation upgrade to have a chance at the title. 

Ok.  Eric Fedde would be a rotation upgrade at a much lower cost and you'd still have a chance at a title.  No doubt, a healthy Skubal gives you a better chance.

59 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

No they don’t but it would be a big help.