58 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Proposal Menrioned in opening post

• Yes
    • No
    • If they’d swop Brebbia for Kopech
    • Add Brebbia for a couple young DSL guys with upside

27 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Lesser prospects 😂 

You’re funny … Last year Cease was an ACE derailed by the poor defense of the White Sox and the FIP arguments.

Well here he sits again with a 4.24 ERA….basically the same mid rotation guy he’s been in all but one season.

Your guys …maybe not you specifically argued he was worth an ACE return with 2 top 100s plus others.

This is the return…..White Sox receive: RHP Drew Thorpe (MLB Pipeline's No. 85 prospect; SD No. 5), OF Samuel Zavala (SD No. 7), RHP Jairo Iriarte (SD No. 8), RHP Steven Wilson 

That’s right …..Our farm is superior to the Padres and you guys were screaming for Holiday plus others.

My offer was five players that included #2, #4, #5 #15, and Stowers.

Far better than the Cease package and one extra player. 

So your basically getting Basallo, Bright, and Stowers for Crochet

and Norby & Bradfield  for Robert. 

Even if it takes a couple lottery tickets to get finalized it’s a good deal.

Looking at the Cease deal….. Thorpe was/is a win , Steven Wilson is a noncloser relief pitcher, both the other guys are struggling in AA. One has a 4.64 ERA at AA and the other has a .203 BA and a .698 OPS.

I don’t even know how to keep up with this post.  From day one, I always said I expected one 55 FV and one 50 FV for Cease plus an interesting third piece.  My hypothetical for you guys was one of Cowser or Kjerstad plus Ortiz plus an interesting third piece (not even a top 10 guy given strength of your system).  We ended up getting a 55 FV pitcher in Thorpe, a 50 FV pitcher in Iriarte, a 45 FV prospect in Zavala, and an interesting controllable reliever.  This is definitely less than what I wanted from you guys as positional prospects are worth more than pitching prospects, but generally speaking it’s a similar construct.  For some reason though, you use Pipeline as the Bible for prospects who happened to be the lowest on these guys.  And you also view a guy as being a top 100 or not a top 100 prospect, when there are lots of 50 FV prospects who don’t make the cut and are directionally the same value.

Regardless, I don’t know what this has to do with your absurd Crochet + Robert proposal.  Like no way in hell is Luis Robert worth that little.  Norby is a RH, all bat prospect who has regressed some in his latest go around in AAA.  His value is much lower than you think it is.  And while I do like Bradfield, the dude isn’t an exactly lighting it on fire in High A (his wRC+ is less than Zavala’s, the guy you were just ripping, despite being three years older at the same level).  It’s a laughable offer for a guy who may be the best positional player at the deadline and who will have 3 1/3 years of control left.  He are way too focused on BA or something if you think that could land him.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t even know how to keep up with this post.  From day one, I always said I expected one 55 FV and one 50 FV for Cease plus an interesting third piece.  My hypothetical for you guys was one of Cowser or Kjerstad plus Ortiz plus an interesting third piece (not even a top 10 guy given strength of your system).  We ended up getting a 55 FV pitcher in Thorpe, a 50 FV pitcher in Iriarte, a 45 FV prospect in Zavala, and an interesting controllable reliever.  This is definitely less than what I wanted from you guys as positional prospects are worth more than pitching prospects, but generally speaking it’s a similar construct.  For some reason though, you use Pipeline as the Bible for prospects who happened to be the lowest on these guys.  And you also view a guy as being a top 100 or not a top 100 prospect, when there are lots of 50 FV prospects who don’t make the cut and are directionally the same value.

Regardless, I don’t know what this has to do with your absurd Crochet + Robert proposal.  Like no way in hell is Luis Robert worth that little.  Norby is a RH, all bat prospect who has regressed some in his latest go around in AAA.  His value is much lower than you think it is.  And while I do like Bradfield, the dude isn’t an exactly lighting it on fire in High A (his wRC+ is less than Zavala’s, the guy you were just ripping, despite being three years older at the same level).  It’s a laughable offer for a guy who may be the best positional player at the deadline and who will have 3 1/3 years of control left.  He are way too focused on BA or something if you think that could land him.

Norby has an .896 OPS ….What the hell are you talking about? He was .842 last year in a whole season. MLB still has him as a 50 FV. Bradfield is also a grade FV 50 ….. “when there are lots of 50 FV prospects who don’t make the cut and are directionally the same value.” See what I just did? 2 50 FV prospects for a guy who has an injury history 50ish games played, 60 ish, 90 ish, 145 last year, and 36 out of 89 this year. Potential doesn’t matter if you can’t play. 

because  you don’t like an offer doesn’t mean it isn’t fair.

So Basallo #12 in the top 100…who MLB only has as a 55 , Bright 45, and Stowers for Crochet. 

And 2 50 FBs for Robert ….. 

****** I looked at Fangraphs Basallo is rated 60 and number 9 overall.

So 60,55, 55, 45 , and a MLB ready OF that will probably give you 240-260 BA with 20-25 Homers. 

You won’t get this much …. Wait and see!

Edited by Roll Tide

Posted (edited)

Calling @Chicago White Sox.

In my opinion, Crochet is a long shot for the Orioles because I don’t think Elias will part with Holliday, Basallo, Mayo or Kjerstad.   Talking prospects, is there something you think works for Fedde?

Edited by RZNJ

40 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Norby has an .896 OPS ….What the hell are you talking about? He was .842 last year in a whole season. MLB still has him as a 50 FV. Bradfield is also a grade FV 50 ….. “when there are lots of 50 FV prospects who don’t make the cut and are directionally the same value.” See what I just did? 2 50 FV prospects for a guy who has an injury history 50ish games played, 60 ish, 90 ish, 145 last year, and 36 out of 89 this year. Potential doesn’t matter if you can’t play. 

because  you don’t like an offer doesn’t mean it isn’t fair.

So Basallo #12 in the top 100…who MLB only has as a 55 , Bright 45, and Stowers for Crochet. 

And 2 50 FBs for Robert ….. 

****** I looked at Fangraphs Basallo is rated 60 and number 9 overall.

So 60,55, 55, 45 , and a MLB ready OF that will probably give you 240-260 BA with 20-25 Homers. 

You won’t get this much …. Wait and see!

Norby’s K rate is approaching 30% and I don’t buy him maintaining a .387 BABIP.  And I simply don’t value him as 50 FV prospect, moreso a 45.  Bradfield I still have as 50 FV despite not hitting a ton, but he’s still just a secondary piece for a player like Robert.  And guess what, if that were the best offer I got for him, I’d simply hold the guy until the offseason or next deadline.  I watch the guy play on a daily basis and know if he’s an injury prone guy or not whereas you simply look at his games played and ignore all context (like 2020 being a shortened season lol, or that most of injuries are flukish in nature).

And no idea what this means: “So 60,55, 55, 45 , and a MLB ready OF that will probably give you 240-260 BA with 20-25 Homers”.  Who are the 55 prospects you are offering?  And is that last guy Stowers?  The dude is hitting .235 in AAA and appears to be getting worse with the bat in his third go around as a 26 year old.  I do not get the love you have this kid, but to each their own.

• Haha 1

I said yes, but in reality I have no interest in Kopech or any of the other Sox relievers.  I would prefer to acquire Fedde only and I think a package centered on Norby or Beavers (not both, but one of them plus 1-2 others) should get it done.  

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Calling @Chicago White Sox.

In my opinion, Crochet is a long shot for the Orioles because I don’t think Elias will part with Holliday, Basallo, Mayo or Kjerstad.   Talking prospects, is there something you think works for Fedde?

Yes, I think there is a much more realistic path to make a Fedde trade work.  I have proposed something like Beavers and a solid pitching prospect for him on my board (my proposal had Baumeister as that second piece, but I’d personally be open other prospects).

2 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I said yes, but in reality I have no interest in Kopech or any of the other Sox relievers.  I would prefer to acquire Fedde only and I think a package centered on Norby or Beavers (not both, but one of them plus 1-2 others) should get it done.  

I don’t think Kopech will cost all that much and I do wonder if he’s a change of scenery guy.  There is still plenty of stuff to tap into and he’s controllable for another season.  But I wouldn’t give up a ton for him for that chance.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Norby’s K rate is approaching 30% and I don’t buy him maintaining a .387 BABIP.  And I simply don’t value him as 50 FV prospect, moreso a 45.  Bradfield I still have as 50 FV despite not hitting a ton, but he’s still just a secondary piece for a player like Robert.  And guess what, if that were the best offer I got for him, I’d simply hold the guy until the offseason or next deadline.  I watch the guy play on a daily basis and know if he’s an injury prone guy or not whereas you simply look at his games played and ignore all context (like 2020 being a shortened season lol, or that most of injuries are flukish in nature).

And no idea what this means: “So 60,55, 55, 45 , and a MLB ready OF that will probably give you 240-260 BA with 20-25 Homers”.  Who are the 55 prospects you are offering?  And is that last guy Stowers?  The dude is hitting .235 in AAA and appears to be getting worse with the bat in his third go around as a 26 year old.  I do not get the love you have this kid, but to each their own.

Just due to you are gettin all upset. Besides Montgomery and Robert, I couldn’t name 2 hitters in the White Sox organization I would take over Stowers. If they can hit a little they can’t play defense like Vaughn and Sheets. I know that’s hard to set in.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yes, I think there is a much more realistic path to make a Fedde trade work.  I have proposed something like Beavers and a solid pitching prospect for him on my board (my proposal had Baumeister as that second piece, but I’d personally be open other prospects).

I like Fedde.  I would have no problem with a Beavers and Baumeister for Fedde.  Sounds fair to me.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

LOL …no idea ….you tell me how you rate guys but then have no idea what I’ve listed as a trade proposal for Crochet and Robert. 

Stowers is buried at AAA …. He hasn’t been give a fair shake here. Ask anybody posting here. I’m sure his morale is in the can. Yes he’s 26 now and the 5th piece of the proposed deal. But so was Ortiz whom everybody on your board absolutely loathed in trade discussions. He’s hit 27, 19, 21 and currently has 16 with an .862 OPS despite being on the Orioles bench for nearly a month. 

further … Your down on Norby just like you and your buddies were down on Ortiz last year. …. He’s too old ….Hes a high bust type… I won’t bother to go back and read the Cease thread on your site. You know it’s there so you’re only lying to yourself. 

Ortiz was in the top 100 and so far he’s better than the #1 piece you got for Cease. You’d think anyone on that site would have the balls to admit they were wrong! No …Zippy ….Nada … 

Edited by Roll Tide

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I like Fedde.  I would have no problem with a Beavers and Baumeister for Fedde.  Sounds fair to me.

Brebbia is another guy who might benefit from a good defense and COS. 

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Sounds fair to me too. Fedde and only Fedde should be the target. Dont understand how either Kopech or Robert would be Trade Targets for us

3 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Sounds fair to me too. Fedde and only Fedde should be the target. Dont understand how either Kopech or Robert would be Trade Targets for us

That hopefully would sure up the rotation and leave plenty of ammo to get a couple of relievers.   @Bemorewins won’t be happy but it works for me.

15 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Me too but … I’d take the relievers for some lottery ticket guys. Especially Brebbia