Oakland 7/7

Frobby

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Everyone looks untouchable when they launch one.

Nah, McCann could hit 3 HRs in a game and people would still complain the next time he's in the lineup.

Hays isn't too far behind.   Killing lefties all year, hitting .350 overall since the start of June, yet people will still be unhappy to see him in the lineup even vs a lefty and absolutely no one would have any problem with trading him.

1 minute ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

Does Oakland not have a fence/screen in front of the dugouts? 

No, they don't.   Palmer & Brown talked about it quite a bit during one of the past two broadcasts.

I think Heston Kjerstad is going to be a star, I've said it from the first time they brought him up last year. I dont think theres a chance in hell that they trade him. Very good swing, great eye, serviceable defender... And just wait till he learns the pitchers from around the league. He's an exciting talent..

• Upvote 1

Just now, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

Surprised it’s not mandated by MLB 

Why would MLB care?

That sounds like something the Union might push.  MLB wants the starts to play as much as possible.  They don't want Stanton and Ohtani playing four games a week.

Just now, Moshagge3 said:

Does anything that happens in this game matter for selecting All-Star reserves or have those been chosen?

The choices are being announced today, I would imagine that most of the decisions have been made.

Does anything that happens in this game matter for selecting All-Star reserves or have those been chosen?

Other than an injury what could happen in a game that would override the half of a season they have already played?

I don't think so.  Aren't they announcing the AS Reserves at 5pm today?