Renamed Wow Simon

wildcard

It'd be nice to see Penn put up similar numbers tomorrow and make it at least a little difficult for Trembley.

I guess Eaton will be in, which I disagree with... but whatever. Given that, I'd like to see :

Guthrie

Uehara

Eaton

Simon

Penn

Keep Hendrickson in the pen.

I would pass out from excitement if that happened. I like the fact Simon stepped up tonight. He could be a complete flop in the Majors, but atleast he took advantage of his chances.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Simon's effort.

He's pitched well enough to earn a rotation spot - not sure I would call it a love affair with Simon - just recognition of a guy who is pitching well with a job on the line. Who knows if Simon will elevate his game and be a steady 4/5 SP or if he can elevate his game in the bp? He's getting major league hitters out in spring training and he seems to deserve a shot to do the same in the regular season. I hope he succeeds.

I actually think Simon is capable of giving us 7 IP 3 ER consistently. He has looked good in Spring Training and has the potential.

My only big concern is Eaton (and Henderickson if he gets a spot in the rotation). I feel Penn can be ok but I'm seriously concerned that Eaton will be ST 2.0

Rotoworld thinks very highly of Simon.

"Alfredo Simon limited the Mets to one run in six innings in a no-decision Monday.

Simon appears likely to land in the rotation with his ERA sitting at 1.13 over 16 innings. Still, he's a pretty horrible bet for the season. Simon has never had any success outside of A-ball, and his career ERA in Triple-A is over 6.00."

Patton is another one...I do forget about him at times.

He could be up within a few months as well.

Patton is also on the 40 man roster. Matusz could be called up because he's also on the 40 man but if Norfolk is in the playoffs, I doubt he'll be in Baltimore...

It will be interesting to see if the Orioles will be "forced" to bring these guys up earlier than they would like to because Uehera and Hill aren't cutting it or if they will still keep them down.

Im really starting to get the idea that even if Guthrie and Uehara crater in the spring that the Orioles will just fill in with AAAA types. No matter what. I think they want all our prospect arms to prove their worth at every level. Very little jumping leagues anymore.

Related but a lesser issue is I dont think they want to start the clock on any real decent player until they feel its the right time.

What a difference MacPhail is making in how this organisation is operation. We have become conserative. Perhaps to the point that many fans are frustrated. Count me one of them. I will however agree that bringing up young pitchers early hasnt helped the Orioles much. Penn, Olson, Liz, Loewen, Cabrera. These pitchers major failures to reach potential has given ample evidence to do something different with the next class of talented arms that come thru. Mainly take your time, make the talent master every level and make them go thru all the stages. It may frustrate fans and frustate some of the players themselves. However if it can deliver 4-5 major league starting pitchers who are a half a era point better than league average in a year or two we will be erecting a statue to MacPhail on Eutaw street. Mark it.

Rotoworld thinks very highly of Simon.

"Alfredo Simon limited the Mets to one run in six innings in a no-decision Monday.

Simon appears likely to land in the rotation with his ERA sitting at 1.13 over 16 innings. Still, he's a pretty horrible bet for the season. Simon has never had any success outside of A-ball, and his career ERA in Triple-A is over 6.00."

I would look to see if he is loading the ball up with something or scuffing it. How much was that forkball moving?

Im really starting to get the idea that even if Guthrie and Uehara crater in the spring that the Orioles will just fill in with AAAA types. No matter what. I think they want all our prospect arms to prove their worth at every level. Very little jumping leagues anymore.

Related but a lesser issue is I dont think they want to start the clock on any real decent player until they feel its the right time.

What a difference MacPhail is making in how this organisation is operation. We have become conserative. Perhaps to the point that many fans are frustrated. Count me one of them. I will however agree that bringing up young pitchers early hasnt helped the Orioles much. Penn, Olson, Liz, Loewen, Cabrera. These pitchers major failures to reach potential has given ample evidence to do something different with the next class of talented arms that come thru. Mainly take your time, make the talent master every level and make them go thru all the stages. It may frustrate fans and frustate some of the players themselves. However if it can deliver 4-5 major league starting pitchers who are a half a era point better than league average in a year or two we will be erecting a statue to MacPhail on Eutaw street. Mark it.

First of all, you should be making a post or two in this thread this evening.

Secondly, I think I agree with you but I can't tell because reading this was like trying to read something that Charlie wrote in It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Thirdly, i'm just teasing you. Don't hate. ;)

First of all, you should be making a post or two in this thread this evening.

Secondly, I think I agree with you but I can't tell because reading this was like trying to read something that Charlie wrote from in It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Thirdly, i'm just teasing you. Don't hate. ;)

I have insomnia lots. I took my sleeping pill an hour ago. So you are getting a very confused mind trying to express myself. I dont write that clear when my mind is competley clean. LOL>

I have insomnia lots. I took my sleeping pill an hour ago. So you are getting a very confused mind trying to express myself. I dont write that clear when my mind is competley clean. LOL>

Ahh, Insomnia isn't cool. Hope it gets better for ya.

Archived