Thursday 7/11 - Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

8 minutes ago, Malike said:

Yeah, that 7th run is going to be the one that costs us this game. Cowser would have kept it at 6 maybe and struck out 4x. Either would be fine with me.

Doesn’t matter what the score is. He played a double into a triple and I’m not really sure what he was even doing there. That was a bad play and it would’ve been a bad play if Cowser or whoever else was in CF and did the same thing. 

This game thread is like that car crash away from which I cannot turn my eyes.
Here’s the skinny: when Mike spent three years Ing hitters and not pitchers, that was fine. But he knew that even in the best case scenario, he would need to acquire pitching in order for the team to be balanced on an elite level.
He had a tremendous run of good fortune picking up discarded pitching and getting it to be productive, but he didn’t do enough and he didn’t prepare for the injuries at least two of which he knew existed before the season, before spring training, even. He brought on board one splendid pitcher but that only replaced one of the men we were losing.

And as things stand now, we have several solid prospects that have value, but Mike will not trade them because he hasn’t found a deal that he deems acceptable, so we have at least two prospects that we could trade without anybody complaining, three others we could trade with lots of people complaining, and at least one on the big league team that we could trade with equal complaining. 
And that is just the pitching. We have talked a lot about the week spots on the 26th man, but I suppose that’s for another comment.

5 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Doesn’t matter what the score is. He played a double into a triple and I’m not really sure what he was even doing there. That was a bad play and it would’ve been a bad play if Cowser or whoever else was in CF and did the same thing. 

I don't disagree with that, but Gunnar and Westburg have made bad plays in this game and have been as equally as effective as Mullins with the bat. I have the luxury of loving this team but I'm not emotionally tied to wins or losses, they don't bother me, I've seen the leanest of years and watched teams devoid of all talent lose a lot.

This slump doesn't bother me at all, I know they will make moves, I know they will be a good second-half team and I know they will go to the playoffs.

I told a mother her son was shot in the head on Tuesday night and is no longer with us. Baseball is what I watch to relax, I can't imagine freaking out over a bad stretch, but that's just me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I don't disagree with that, but Gunnar and Westburg have made bad plays in this game and have been as equally as effective as Mullins with the bat. I have the luxury of loving this team but I'm not emotionally tied to wins or losses, they don't bother me, I've seen the leanest of years and watched teams devoid of all talent lose a lot.

This slump doesn't bother me at all, I know they will make moves, I know they will be a good second-half team and I know they will go to the playoffs.

I told a mother her son was shot in the head on Tuesday night and is no longer with us. Baseball is what I watch to relax, I can't imagine freaking out over a bad stretch, but that's just me.

Very, very sad. Are you in law enforcement?

5 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Speaking of roster management, how come Brandon Hyde hasn’t given Gunnar a day off?

He’s not hitting well right now he’s not defending well right now. It just makes sense that a day off would benefit him.

Because he can’t. Imagine this lineup with out him in it.

17 minutes ago, Malike said:

Yeah, that 7th run is going to be the one that costs us this game. Cowser would have kept it at 6 maybe and struck out 4x. Either would be fine with me.

Either one is bad. Mullins just lucky he won’t hit 4 times.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Something like that would break me. Don't know how police officers or doctors do that.