Game Start Time and Attendance

At the peak of Camden Yards attendance, Camden Yards was a baseball destination.  The Ravens were not quite back in Baltimore, and the Nationals weren't back. Add in the deterioration of the Inner Harbor, and the perceived danger of Baltimore city, all these factors explain the stats of attendance for the Os.

4 hours ago, cnmilton said:

At the peak of Camden Yards attendance, Camden Yards was a baseball destination.  The Ravens were not quite back in Baltimore, and the Nationals weren't back. Add in the deterioration of the Inner Harbor, and the perceived danger of Baltimore city, all these factors explain the stats of attendance for the Os.

Crime was higher in the 1999's.

9 hours ago, ExileAngelos said:

OK so here is my main point.  Games are shorter.  It is summer.  It is HOT.  Some of these games are ending before it is even completely dark.  Why can't summer games be later?  There kids are out of school.  I guess I am the only one who enjoys summer nights more than summer days.  

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

The short answer is, the Orioles did extensive polling about this.  I’m sure the majority preferred the earlier time.  Sorry you don’t.  

I get what you are saying but I still admit I surprised they have the early starts when school is out. I’m fine with them myself but you would think an additional half hour could convince someone to make the trek.  

At the game tonight the empty seats filled in by about 730. I always thought years ago 730 starts made sense on Friday’s but I gave up on that idea.