Saturday 7-13-24 Screw the Yankees Game Thread

FlaO'sFan

29 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Urias wont be here in August....

Hence why I think the Orioles will be a better team in the second half.  By years end I expect both Holiday and Mayo up in addition to whomever they trade for at the deadline.

29 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Urias wont be here in August....

Hence why I think the Orioles will be a better team in the second half.  By years end I expect both Holiday and Mayo up in addition to whomever they trade for at the deadline.

I believe Elias over-values his players and is reluctant to give up anyone who might be a good major eaguer in a trade for pitching.

Looking hard for something positive: If the Orioles had kept playing well, say winning 2 of 3 from the Cubs and from the NYYs, Elias may have concluded he didn't have to do much before the trade deadline -- maybe add a cheap reliever or two. I don't see how Elias can, after watching the last five games, conclude that the Orioles will be, with a minor trade or two (or none at all), well situated for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

So maybe the current swoon will lead to some better decisions that improve the team. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SouthRider said:

And you're confident Holiday and Mayo will be productive ML hitters right away?

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Elias doesn't appear to be worried so I'm not going to worry either.

Remember that he may have different goals. He wants a consistent pipeline that produces long term success, and he may be less interested in paying a high price to insure a WS. 

if he thinks we can get into the playoffs with the current team, despite the lousy play right now, he may well be willing to save his ammo for next year, and use the guys to replace the departing guys and have a good cheap team next year, and use the savings to buy some pitching.

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

Remember that he may have different goals. He wants a consistent pipeline that produces long term success, and he may be less interested in paying a high price to insure a WS. 

if he thinks we can get into the playoffs with the current team, despite the lousy play right now, he may well be willing to save his ammo for next year, and use the guys to replace the departing guys and have a good cheap team next year, and use the savings to buy some pitching.

He isn’t a fan. It wouldn’t be good for his job to emotional. It would be terrible in fact. 

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

That's the same way I feel. Whether he's comfortable with what they have or he's figuring some moves will fix it. I used to let sports dictate my moods too much. 

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

I have no doubt that he wants to win a World Series and will have the flexibility to do what he needs to do. I was speaking to more about him not being in panic mode during a terrible stretch of baseball. They'll snap out of it.

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

Gonna say a lot here soon. Does he even care about winning a WS or just having a #1 farm system. I’m not sure at this point. I really could care less what the Norfolk and Bowie teams do.

• Upvote 1