Perfect Example Of Tejada Losing a Game!

Eli Eon

Holy crap you have terrible reading comprehension skills.

Tejada made an error. 5 runs scored after this error. That does not mean 5 runs scored BECAUSE of Tejada's error.

Seriously, they teach kids how stupid this type of cause/effect logical fallacy is in like 3rd grade.

You might as well say that because that is what happened. Had Tejada merely did his job and made a simple play the inning was over and the team is off the field. Ergo NO POSSIBILITY of ANY RUNS SCORING THAT INNING!!!::eek:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I strongly, STRONGLY disagree that it is not a BIG problem because of his BAT! Again, this game exemplies my point perfectly. Despite his grand slam his horrible fielding wiped out all of his 5 rbi's. :eek: Had he been a DH this game we benefit from his 5 rbi's and don't have those five extra runs scored in all likelihood because that easy, routine DP gets made and inning over!

Read the title of this thread. Not only is it on point for this game, but it illustrates what I have been espousing all along, even before Tejada came back off the DL!!!

When Tejada made the error there was a man on first with 1 out and no runs had scored. After the error there were men on first and second with 1 out and no runs had scored. You can say we would have been out of the inning but for Tejada's error, but you can't say that all five of those runs are solely on him. He's not the pitcher who couldn't recover from a common error or the relief pitcher who came in after that and totally sucked. Tejada should catch a little grief for making the error, but it happens and the rest of the team didn't step up. You seem to have lost your objectivity when it comes to Tejada.

You might as well say that because that is what happened. Had Tejada merely did his job and made a simple play the inning was over and the team is off the field. Ergo NO POSSIBILITY of ANY RUNS SCORING THAT INNING!!!:eek:

That's why it's called an error and not an on-purpose-er. No one is saying he didn't mess up. But, Jamie Walker screwed-the-pooch. Maybe we should run him out of town too.

You might as well say that because that is what happened.
This is absurd. Put 2 runs on Tejada, thats fine. I don't even think those two runs are even mostly his fault, but I won't argue too much. The 3rd-5th runs are on Walker and nobody else. That doesn't even seem debateable to me.

You might as well say that because that is what happened. Had Tejada merely did his job and made a simple play the inning was over and the team is off the field. Ergo NO POSSIBILITY of ANY RUNS SCORING THAT INNING!!!:eek:

You cannot prove this. What you can prove that if Tejada makes his play, that there is a chance, maybe that 1 or 2 outs will ensue...

That's why it's called an error and not an on-purpose-er. No one is saying he didn't mess up. But, Jamie Walker screwed-the-pooch. Maybe we should run him out of town too.

Actually, I am of the belief that the psychological damage was so severe as as result of your supposed superstar botching such an easy (high school level play that would be made) that I cannot personally hold any Oriole player accountable for anything that happened in the inning after that. The damage was already done by Miguel's Tejada and his blunder. Now I agree that is my "personal" opinion, and nothing more. However, I am certainly entitled to believe that, and I don't need a lecture or discourse from anyone trying to convince me otherwise.

That is what message boards are for (IMO) to express personal views and opinions and vent the frustrations when your team and its players disappoint you, as well as praise and express joy when they perform well and make you happy!

Actually, I am of the belief that the psychological damage was so severe as as result of your supposed superstar botching such an easy (high school level play that would be made) that I cannot personally hold any Oriole player accountable for anything that happened in the inning after that. The damage was already done by Miguel's Tejada and his blunder. Now I agree that is my "personal" opinion, and nothing more. However, I am certainly entitled to believe that, and I don't need a lecture from anyone trying to convince me otherwise.

You certainly are. And, I hope that these guys aren't that weak mentally. "Miggy made an error, I might as well throw some BP. I'm too sad to throw real pitches."

Actually, I am of the belief that the psychological damage was so severe as as result of your supposed superstar botching such an easy (high school level play that would be made) that I cannot personally hold any Oriole player accountable for anything that happened in the inning after that.
Are you sure it wasn't Tejada's wife in the stands performing voodoo on Jamie Walker?

Actually, I am of the belief that the psychological damage was so severe as as result of your supposed superstar botching such an easy (high school level play that would be made) that I cannot personally hold any Oriole player accountable for anything that happened in the inning after that. The damage was already done by Miguel's Tejada and his blunder. Now I agree that is my "personal" opinion, and nothing more. However, I am certainly entitled to believe that, and I don't need a lecture from anyone trying to convince me otherwise.

Damn, I'd hate to see the psychological damage that your kid has to endure when he makes an error in the field.

You certainly are. And, I hope that these guys aren't that weak mentally. "Miggy made an error, I might as well throw some BP. I'm too sad to throw real pitches."

Sorry to say it but that is human nature. Baseball players are human beings too you know! Have you ever heard of "momentum" changing plays. Tejada's blunder was one if there ever was one!! It effected the entire team big time!:eek::(

Actually, I am of the belief that the psychological damage was so severe as as result of your supposed superstar botching such an easy (high school level play that would be made) that I cannot personally hold any Oriole player accountable for anything that happened in the inning after that. The damage was already done by Miguel's Tejada and his blunder. Now I agree that is my "personal" opinion, and nothing more. However, I am certainly entitled to believe that, and I don't need a lecture or discourse from anyone trying to convince me otherwise.

That is what message boards are for (IMO) to express personal views and opinions and vent the frustrations when your team and its players disappoint you, as well as praise and express joy when they perform well and make you happy!

I think play resulted in severe psychological damage to someone other than the Orioles players.

I must have missed your "Perfect Example of Tejada Crushing a Clutch Grand Slam to Give The O's The Lead" thread.

Don't you see how its all connected? If Tejada doesn't hit the grand slam, maybe he doesn't get cocky and botch that double play ball which gave every man women and child the thousand-yard stare, which caused Jamie Walker to be inefficient, which led to the runs that were the difference maker in the game!

Tejada hit a grand slam and after that we lost the game. 100% his fault! He is a cancer in the clubhouse and the only prescription is a healthy dose of Luis Hernandez and the .241 /.277/.311 he has put up in AA.

The best part of this is that the error is made out to be some crucial error that directly led to five runs. Sorry man, but it was an error with one on and one out. Not a big spot at all and no "clutchness" involved. Just a simple botched play during an otherwise normal inning. Then the pitchers lost it and the ____ hit the fan.

The best part of this is that the error is made out to be some crucial error that directly led to five runs. Sorry man, but it was an error with one on and one out. Not a big spot at all and no "clutchness" involved. Just a simple botched play during an otherwise normal inning. Then the pitchers lost it and the ____ hit the fan.

There is zero excuse for even a mediocre fielding shortstop for not making a routine DP that would end and inning. Tejada is known to botch some of the easiest plays possible. For that reason he needs to be removed from a positon that he simply is not good enough to play and is harming the team beyond mere stats. I believe his shoddy fielding has reduced the morale on this team far below what it was with the slick fielding Hernandez out there. The defensive play of the infield is noticeably poorer now that Tejada is back.

Archived