2024 20th Round Pick (#609): Evan Yates - RHP - (Jr) Cal State Fullerton (CA)

Players can be signed for up to $150,000 without it affecting an organization's overall bonus pool.  For any bonus above that mark, the overage beyond $150,000 counts toward the pool.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, 86this said:

Not a bad debut.  2 IP, 2 H, 0 BB, 5 K.

Not too many draftees go straight to Aberdeen.   Interesting.    20th round.    I’m assuming the velocity isn’t great.

37 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Not a bad debut.  2 IP, 2 H, 0 BB, 5 K.

Not too many draftees go straight to Aberdeen.   Interesting.    20th round.    I’m assuming the velocity isn’t great.

I just watched his innings on MiLB.tv.  Struck out the first 4 batters he faced, he gave up back-to-back hits (one to shallow CF and an infield hit that the batter beat out.  He struck that last batter he faced.  He kept most of his pitches low in the zone.  The announcer said he models his game after Tyler Glasnow but he doesn't have the velocity Glasnow has.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 86this said:

I just watched his innings on MiLB.tv.  Struck out the first 4 batters he faced, he gave up back-to-back hits (one to shallow CF and an infield hit that the batter beat out.  He struck that last batter he faced.  He kept most of his pitches low in the zone.  The announcer said he models his game after Tyler Glasnow but he doesn't have the velocity Glasnow has.

Please remember, any updates on draftees now playing/pitching in the minors should be put in the minors forum, not his draft profile. Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• All we can do is try to read between the lines of Kremer's statement.  My reading is that he doesn't understand why Holliday is playing 2B instead of someone with a better glove (Soto?) given that he's not hitting.   He could also be wondering why Povich is in the rotation instead of Irvin, or he may be questioning bullpen usage.  I think veterans are skeptical of younger players in general and in this case it is reasonable to wonder whether the front office is dictating that younger players get to play even if they aren't cutting it yet.  
    • Even though it is 2 games it is really just 1 if we win 1 in the series vs the Yankees.  We win 2 out of 3 in that series then we have 12 games to make up the other 1 game.  So saying it isn’t do able seems false but we have to play better for sure.  The Yankees are just middling around just like us.  They should have put us away already with all our injuries to the starters mid season and no the offense as well.  
    • Really excited to have Urias and Westburg back. 
    • I think the Kremer interview is a whole lot of nothing. Having a great game and not getting run support is part of being a pitcher. Walter Johnson lost 26 games by a score of 1-0. Pitchers spend their time thinking about pitching, not how to improve the offense. Dean was asked a dumb question and he gave an honest answer, which is that it's not his job or his place to comment about aspects of the team he has nothing to do with.
    • The OP raises a question. The answer is there is absolutly nothing here but speculation - particularly by those that want there to be issues. Again The Moose nails it but logic doesn't matter in some circles. Some think they see blood and run to the blood they want to see. In fairness, we all latch on to anything that is congruent with our thinking. So I think it's best to let those that want to see issues here do their thing. 
    • That is possible. He will have to prove it. The X factor will be how much he can spend. But making (good) trades this off-season may be more difficult, as other GM's think they can get him to overpay like he did with Rogers. 
    • He should be taking live batting practice soon. I can’t imagine he’s back before the Yankees series. I would think they want him to go on a rehab assignment.  Norfolk’s season ends next Sunday. If he can get there on Tuesday or Wednesday, play through the weekend and then get back for the Yankees series, that would be optimal.
  • Popular Contributors