Stranded in Dallas - need advice for O's vs Rangers

rbandy95

My daughter and I were flying back from San Diego (college orientation) to Virginia today and are stranded in Dallas after cancelled flights. 

We took it as a sign that the O's play here Friday so we decided to go all in, go to the game and fly home Saturday. 

Settled near the airport tonight, but going to relocate to a hotel near stadium with walkable stuff to do/see/eat.  Appreciate any hangouter advice!!

Hotels in Arlington that are walking distance to the stadium are pretty limited.  There is a new Loews right there next to the Stadium and Texas Live and also I think a Sheraton and Courtyard Marriott within walking distance.

If you want more options of things to do close by, you could a room in either Dallas or Fort Worth and just drive in for the game.  Parking is pretty manageable around the stadium.  I was there for the ASG tuesday and even then parking was easy to find (but they were definitely charging a premium).

I live in Dallas and am going to the games on Saturday and Sunday.  I haven't spent much time in Arlington other than for games, but happy to offer any suggestions about the ballpark or the DFW area in general.  

As others have said, it's really going to depend on if you have a car or not.  If not, and you're near the ballpark, Texas Live is probably your best bet.

EDIT: If you are going to drive a bit, I would go to Fort Worth and not Dallas, for a number of reasons.

Edited by Pickles