2025 Schedule released

Sports Guy

16 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

Not too many away game stadiums that would personally peak my interest for a vacation / baseball trip.

Interesting possibilities would be the A's and Giants series in Sacramento and San Fran (would be cool to check out those stadiums, and I've never been further west than St. Louis).  Or the Seattle series, would be awesome to see the Pacific Northwest.

There's also the Cubs series, I have family in the region and have never been to Wrigley.  I'll have to ponder all of this.

I am considering Phoenix, April 7-9. The first six weeks of the season are about the only time I would be willing to be in Phoenix during baseball season.

Also I haven't been to Milwaukee, May 19-21. That is a fairly easy one to knock out with reasonably short, direct flights from BWI. Did Wrigley last year

I kinda prefer the midweek series anyway, especially if there is a getaway game on Wednesday afternoon. Flights, hotels and tickets tend to be cheaper. Can fly in Tuesday morning and fly out Wednesday night, catch two games and only pay for one hotel night.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Also, I guess there's no set rotation by which they assign that 7th game and a four-game series to the Central and West opponents. 

I thought it seemed strange to be playing Cleveland and Houston in a 4-game series yet again, and in fact it'll be the third straight year we played 7 games against Cleveland, and the third time in four years we played 7 games against Houston. In that same four year span we will have never played 7 games against Seattle, and only played the 7th game once against a few other Central/West teams. 

Don't really care about this one way or another but I would have assumed it'd rotate around. 

Yeah, I don't get that either. Also, both of our four game away series this year are against the AL Central - Chi and Clev. While both 4 game home series are against the West - Hou and Tex. 

If you remember the old rotations for Interleague were weird. We went how many years before we played the Dodgers there and I think 19 years before we played Milwaukee here again? Teams would be skipped for these rotations but then look at 2007, it made little sense. Arizona twice, and skipped Los Angeles and San Francisco. 

It's good to see they play at the A's early in June.  It hit 110 in Sacramento in  late June this year.   From late June through August, it can get very hot.   Those games will be miserable.   Even at 9:00 in the evening the temperature is in the high 90s.  Early June will be warm,  but bearable.