Mariners land OF Randy Arozarena from Rays

Sanfran327

The Seattle Mariners, starving for offense and in desperate need of a spark, have acquired All-Star outfielder Randy Arozarena from the Tampa Bay Rays, the teams announced Thursday night.

Two lower-level minor leaguers, outfielder Aidan Smith and right-hander Brody Hopkins, will go to the Rays in the trade, as will a player to be named later.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40643348/mariners-finalizing-trade-rays-randy-arozarena

I know he's having a down year, but he would have been a good fit for us I think. Plays a good LF (though sometimes can be aloof, and that doesn't jive with our defense-first mentality) and is a better RH OF bat than what we currently have, though I could be wrong about that as well.

I'm not going to lose sleep over this one, but this feels like the Mariners got a little something for basically nothing. Maybe we have our sights set higher than this, which would be great.