It feels like the dark years again checking the minor league box scores

bpilktree67

6 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

The next run is going to be in lower minor leagues with the DSL guys and draft picks. We are going to have 10-15 fun players to watch with high ceilings.

It’s hard to see where the next impact prospects are coming from.   Beavers didn’t take that next step and the 2023 draft class didn’t force their way up except for Etzel, who’s gone.   Bradfield is putting together a pretty nice season.   He could still be on time for OD 2026.

We do have more 17-19 yo performers than ever before.  Liranzo had a pretty disappointing FCL run after his season got off to a late start due to injury.

To maintain the pipeline they need more of these teenagers to hit and to have a few hits from the 2023 draft.   Love the fact they took and signed the 4 HS players.

As far as pitching, we need some surprises.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

We certainly have been spoiled over the past few years, but we deserved it for the long suffering "dark years." I don't agree we are there again, but there are not many in the system, beyond Holliday, Mayo and Basallo, who are likely to be TOP 50, or even 100 guys. Vance Honeycutt has a chance if he can hit. Maybe Bradfield, O'Ferrell and/or Beavers. Luis DeLeon LHP, Josh Liranzo 3B and Thomas Sosa OF (and a few others) could be something down the road. 

I agree- it looks like our "Elite talent pipeline" dried up a little bit.  But some guys went in trade to bring back decent pieces and some graduated to the MLB, so some backslide was expected...

I check to see what Bradfield, Basallo, Mayo, Aron Estrada do.  Sometimes peek at Beavers and Fabian (and am almost always disappointed...)

I think you can’t have your cake and eat it too.  Our minor league talent has thinned because a lot of great young players have graduated to majors, where they will be producing excellent value at low cost for several years.   That’s something to be celebrated, not lamented.   

• Upvote 1