FIX THE DANG HITTING!

DocJJ

10 hours ago, accinfo said:

When he was traded Westburg, Mateo, and Urias were still healthy.  Jackson Holliday was always ahead of him.  Hindsight is 20/20 and how things have turned out we could have used him but at the time he was not going to get playing time on this team.  

I believe Mateo was hurt a week before the trade, but was only the the 10 day IL. While that may have had nothing to do with the Norby trade.. it should have. Elias was good with Norby and/or Holliday as the "rookie replacement" options for Mateo. What bothers me about this whole thing was, Norby could've been the right replacement for Mateo.. had Holliday faltered during the stretch run, but Elias seems more inclined to bring in "outsiders" who have MLB experience. Vavra was also an option,...whatever. 

Analytics driven I would think, but it could also be a deflection should the draft picks get too overwhelmed. That's the 2-sided coin flip option for Elias.

As for the hitting being fixed: Who wants 2 bosses telling you the same thing.. or are they instructing different approaches? I don't get it. 

Although I'm not one to delve too deep into anything anymore (EADD), there are games when I feel the hitters have no clue about what to expect from all the SP's they are facing game in & out. Especially the younger SP's. Oh, and for FFS, stop swinging at ball 4 just because it's a fastball count. Fastball counts don't mean diddly anymore, and the O's are a team proving it. 

17 hours ago, accinfo said:

When he was traded Westburg, Mateo, and Urias were still healthy.  Jackson Holliday was always ahead of him.  Hindsight is 20/20 and how things have turned out we could have used him but at the time he was not going to get playing time on this team.  

Edited by Baseball fandom
Redo it

2 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

Well he should have as he's better than all of them.  Holiday TBD. The trade was horrible from the jump

Norby is not better than Westburg. At no point in his career has he been the better player.  It’s TBD if he can put up multiple 2+ win seasons like Urias has

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Norby is not better than Westburg. At no point in his career has he been the better player.  It’s TBD if he can put up multiple 2+ win seasons like Urias has

I would tend to agree with you yes but let's see how this all plays out. Norby is looking great right now. 

10 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

I would tend to agree with you yes but let's see how this all plays out. Norby is looking great right now. 

Lots of players look great for a few weeks.

Mateo was amazing last April.

Now I do think Norby will be a good player but there are some offensive red flags about him and his defense isn’t good.

53 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Lots of players look great for a few weeks.

Mateo was amazing last April.

Now I do think Norby will be a good player but there are some offensive red flags about him and his defense isn’t good.

I think I'm higher on Norby than you are. I absolutely would take Norby over Urias. I would take Westburg over him and obviously Holiday is the better prospect but we need to see. 

32 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

I think I'm higher on Norby than you are. I absolutely would take Norby over Urias. I would take Westburg over him and obviously Holiday is the better prospect but we need to see. 

I would probably take Norby over Urias as well but Norby has a ways to go to accomplish what Urias has. You are treating it like it’s a certainty…and it’s far from it.

39 runs scored in their last 14 games (not including extra innings) against teams that aren’t the White Sox or Rockies - 2.79 per game. I mean you just can’t win with this kind of offense. 

With a below average offense (3.5-4 runs per game) these last 2 series, they’re probably 4-2 instead of 2-4. The pitching is fine. The offense is not and it’s not getting any better.