Orioles sign Jean Segura

eddie83

9 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Elias looking really deep into pool to find guys now.  

The Mexican league runs very deep.   Seek and you shall find.   :)  I just don't think Elias pool measuring stick is deep enough. 

That being said I have seen worse signings.

Although why Elias has such a fascination with these types of players is a little befuddling.   Segura isn't a New Kid on the Block.  He is an Old Kid on the Block.  Is there a team in MLB he hasn't played for yet?

I would rather play the guys you actually drafted and played in the Os system for years.  Not guys like this. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

2 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

So in the last 6 weeks we’ve added Niko Goodrum, Livan Soto, JD Davis, and Juan Segura.

Like I said in another post.  He is throwing darts at a dartboard and seeing what sticks.  No plan.

Just.....randomness.  He makes some of the worst signings I have seen in MLB.  Just brutal.  And he seems to have an affinity for Dominican and Latin guys. 

Chris Ballard of the Colts, who I love even more than the Os as a team, started to do the same after a few years.  Just signed all these random guys.

He has not won a division title in 9 years. 

It is called "I have no idea what I am doing besides taking the top talent in the draft....other than that I am clueless. I really hope it works out". 

That is his "plan".

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Like I said in another post.  He is throwing darts at a dartboard and seeing what sticks.  No plan.

Just.....randomness.  He makes some of the worst signings I have seen in MLB.  Just brutal.  And he seems to have an affinity for Dominican and Latin guys. 

Chris Ballard of the Colts, who I love even more than the Os as a team, started to do the same after a few years.  Just signed all these random guys.

He has not won a division title in 9 years. 

It is called "I have no idea what I am doing besides taking the top talent in the draft....other than that I am clueless. I really hope it works out". 

That is his "plan".

Darts are sharp and dartboards are designed to hold thrown darts.

This is more like a chimp flinging poo on a wall.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

So in the last 6 weeks we’ve added Niko Goodrum, Livan Soto, JD Davis, and Juan Segura.

I was actually surprised that we didn't sign Ryan McKenna.