Is McCann the better catcher right now?

Rbiggs2525

Hear me out:

Baseball is a grind and this could change at any moment. Right now does James McCann give this team the best chance to win? He seems like the superior pitch caller and 10% higher at CS percentage. Everyone is going to give Efflin his credit tonight which he deserves 100%. James McCann deserves credit for calling a great game. 120 plus pitches he kept the Rays off balance. The Orioles have won 5 consecutive McCann starts.

Just now, Rbiggs2525 said:

Hear me out:

Baseball is a grind and this could change at any moment. Right now does James McCann give this team the best chance to win? He seems like the superior pitch caller and 10% higher at CS percentage. Everyone is going to give Efflin his credit tonight which he deserves 100%. James McCann deserves credit for calling a great game. 120 plus pitches he kept the Rays off balance. The Orioles have won 5 consecutive McCann starts.

I think the team decides on the gameplan and the pitcher and catcher work together to execute it.

I think the days of the catcher calling a game by feel is long gone.

I also think stolen bases are pretty overrated and don't actually have that big an impact on scoring.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Hear me out:

I believe it 6 straight.  It does help that 3 are Efflin starts 1 GRod 1 Burns and 1 Suarez start.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

I believe it 6 straight.  It does help that 3 are Efflin starts 1 GRod 1 Burns and 1 Suarez start.  

You are correct, i did not add tonight’s in. We are 3-9 in Rutchman catching starts in that same time frame.

8 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Let me see him turn a bunch of Kremer and Rogers starts into wins before I'm a believer.

Yeah I think it lot more who the starting pitcher is then the starting catcher.  We are 9-1 in games started by Burnes, GRod, and Efflin.  We are 2-9 started by the other guys.  

• Upvote 1