Keeler Morfe 2024

Tony-OH

His 2024 Game Log is 8-for-8 Saturday appearances, so I guess that makes things slightly clear if one is anticipating rest of 2024 appearances.

Come 2025 it will be interesting to see what if any quickening from 6 days rest occurs.     

If it wasn't already posted, here's the MiLB highlight from last weekend.

https://www.milb.com/video/keeler-morfe-s-seventh-strikeout?t=playerid-808323

• Thanks 1

I have always heard that longer limbs = generally less repeatable delivery and I would think higher injury risk.  It just seems there's a lot more ways for things to go wrong for a pitcher 6' 8" vs. 5' 8".  Has anyone ever done a study on injury rates vs height. 

I say this half serious…could he help in October?

Does this kid have the stuff, poise and command to come up and give us a power arm to use out of the pen?

I know it’s likely a dumb question but this is the type of arm the pen needs right now.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Just Regular said:

His 2024 Game Log is 8-for-8 Saturday appearances, so I guess that makes things slightly clear if one is anticipating rest of 2024 appearances.

Come 2025 it will be interesting to see what if any quickening from 6 days rest occurs.     

If it wasn't already posted, here's the MiLB highlight from last weekend.

https://www.milb.com/video/keeler-morfe-s-seventh-strikeout?t=playerid-808323

I love that jersey!  I guess it’s not for sale as it’s not available from their team shop.

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Does this kid have the stuff, poise and command to come up and give us a power arm to use out of the pen?

I know it’s likely a dumb question but this is the type of arm the pen needs right now.

I already joked about that.  But the chances it happens are zero, even though there’s a non-zero chance it could work over a small sample.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I already joked about that.  But the chances it happens are zero, even though there’s a non-zero chance it could work over a small sample.  

Frankie Rodriguez vibes with the Angels.

2018 Grayson after 12th grade got 19 innings in 9 games on the Gulf League following the draft.

Fangraphs reports that as 145 pitches with a 32.4 SwStr%.    That pitch count feels thin for 19 innings and I think may be clouded by 2018 Gulf League data not being that granular in FG's dataset.

2024 Keeler at about the same age it gives 261 pitches and a 42.9 SwStr%.    Shout out to Kevin Velasco, another 18 year old DSL arm who looks to be landing near Keeler on some of these sorts for top performances.

Elias took control after 2018, and in 2019 Grayson was let to go 20 starts and 94 innings, all with Delmarva.    2019 DL Hall threw fewer innings than in 2018, though there I tap out on if he had small injuries affecting workload even then.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Oh sorry, I missed that.

Yea I don’t think it happens either but I agree it could work. Give him another month in the minors and see how he’s doing. Maybe you say on 9/1 that you move him to Bowie for the last few games there, put him in the pen and see how he handles it.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Oh sorry, I missed that.

Yea I don’t think it happens either but I agree it could work. Give him another month in the minors and see how he’s doing. Maybe you say on 9/1 that you move him to Bowie for the last few games there, put him in the pen and see how he handles it.

I’ll tell you this, I’d rather watch them give Keeler Morfe a taste of postseason ball than endure any more of Bryan Baker.   

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ll tell you this, I’d rather watch them give Keeler Morfe a taste of postseason ball than endure any more of Bryan Baker.   

I can probably name 3-5 guys and give that same answer to. 

I don’t think this happens but I really don’t think it’s that crazy especially considering our alternatives.

He may be young enough to not know the magnitude of things. 

MLB's Jonathan Mayo and Jim Callis I believe did reranks this week after the trade deadline - he is now reflecting 29th over at MLB.com

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/orioles/

Stiven Martinez, who they had teased last week as the biggest riser, up to 12th.    Juan Nunez 10th, Michael Forret 20th.    Honeycutt 4th does at first glance hit like a tier of his own if you figure him for a lot more upside than EBJ.

Delmarva has I guess 5-6 more Saturdays for him to set the world on fire.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Just Regular said:

MLB's Jonathan Mayo and Jim Callis I believe did reranks this week after the trade deadline - he is now reflecting 29th over at MLB.com

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/orioles/

Stiven Martinez, who they had teased last week as the biggest riser, up to 12th.    Juan Nunez 10th, Michael Forret 20th.    Honeycutt 4th does at first glance hit like a tier of his own if you figure him for a lot more upside than EBJ.

Delmarva has I guess 5-6 more Saturdays for him to set the world on fire.

Their season ends on Sept 8…4 more Saturdays

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Strap the rocket to him.  I mean how much would it really hurt to use him in relief in September?  

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Strap the rocket to him.  I mean how much would it really hurt to use him in relief in September?  

I don’t think it hurts to be aggressive. His fastball command looks fine. The secondary seems to a little more hit and miss. Where his changeup dives to the arm side sometimes.