8/10 @ Tampa Bay (Game is on Fox tonight)

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I still think Mayo deserves some at bats...its not like our bottom three are lighting it up...

I do also.  Put Mayo out there till he gets his first official hit so the kid can calm down some.  

Just now, Say O! said:

Hyde knew that Rays were going with LHP after Rasmussen was effectively just an “opener” in his recovery from TJ.

Correct. He started Slater due to that. He had to play one lefty and it worked with Jackson. 

1 minute ago, casadeozo said:

It was announced he wasn’t pitching more than 2 innings pre game 

I understand that but we don't know exactly who they are bringing in, when. You could go with a RH stack and then they bring in another RHP. 

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

So he started one lefty in Holliday who HR’d. What exactly is the issue?

Mullins started too.  That was bit weird to me by playing Slator that means you expect a lefty early but then play Mullins too who can’t hit lefties.  Mullins has looked better lately going to left last few so probably rolled dice he would keep doing.  

1 minute ago, bpilktree67 said:

Mullins started too.  That was bit weird to me by playing Slator that means you expect a lefty early but then play Mullins too who can’t hit lefties.  Mullins has looked better lately going to left last few so probably rolled dice he would keep doing.  

I think the idea was to go with a defensive lineup and then deploy the hitters if needed. See how he deploys Robo, Eloy and Mayo. The problem will be making it work on defense