8/10 @ Tampa Bay (Game is on Fox tonight)

18 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Hits lefties well during his career. 

But only a .519 OPS this year, which is likely more telling of his current ability/performance than what he's done in the past.  Sure historically he's been good, but history isn't helping us much right now.  .802 OPS for his career is clearly good, but he certainly hasn't looked like that guy this year.

46 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Background on this image being used as a meme.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/freedom-of-speech-norman-rockwell-painting

Maybe I’m just old, but I don’t get it. It’s about freedom of speech, and I guess the joke is that people can say anything they want no matter how stupid it is, but that’s a stretch.
But I appreciate you sharing the information.

Just now, forphase1 said:

But only a .519 OPS this year, which is likely more telling of his current ability/performance than what he's done in the past.  Sure historically he's been good, but history isn't helping us much right now.  .802 OPS for his career is clearly good, but he certainly hasn't looked like that guy this year.

If the Orioles agreed with that they don’t acquire him. Time will tell.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

If the Orioles agreed with that they don’t acquire him. Time will tell.  

Sure.  But we've seen the Os take a bunch of chances on vets in the past who had good career numbers, but were not the players they once were now.  Be it Brett Phillips, Aguilar, Odor, etc.  While I'm a fan of Elias, we can't act like every move he makes pans out or ends up working.  I don't think Slater is going to hit like he has in his career.

4 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

It's not like Hyde is writing him in the lineup every day. Appears they like his defense and he is right handed.