8/16 - Red Sox vs. Orioles

86this

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm saying you act like a hitter can choose to hit a ball coming at them at 98 mph thru a hole in the infield defense.  If it's so easy to hit in the majors, batting averages would be average .700 instead of .250.   No doubt that's what he wanted to do, but he was just as likely to pop the ball up or hit a weak grounder.   Yeah no doubt a mistake on Holliday's part, but it's not Holliday's fault he hung ball over the plate for a 3 run HR. 

I'm not acting like anything. I'm simply saying the Sox orchestrated a play where Devers dekes a steal, the second baseman vacates his position, and Wong executes a perfect inside-out swing to the right side of the infield (on the first pitch of the AB (pitch was middle-middle)). The Sox went up there with a plan and it worked perfectly. The fact Burnes gave up a three run shot was really the cherry on top of it all. 

They had 1st and 3rd with 1 out in a 2 run game last inning. They proceeded to go 0-2 with RISP.

Then they had a free lead off baserunner on a pitch timer violation who was moved to 2nd with no outs on a wild pitch. And they go 0-3 with RISP. Just terrible to not take advantage of those situations against borderline bad relief pitchers.