8/16 - Red Sox vs. Orioles

86this

Well, I came back from my walk in invigorated because we had come back to 8–6, and then they brought in Craig and now it’s 11 to 6.

I have never advocated big contracts to old players. I was perfectly fine with letting Nelson Cruz walk in 2015. I would’ve missed that, no doubt, but I would’ve also avoided big stupid contracts to Ubaldo, and Davis, and Trumbo, and I would not have signed Craig Kimbrel  because he is….well. In 42 innings he’s given up 6 home runs? 
(sigh)

too late now…

1 minute ago, Wavetrapper said:

I know we are paying him a s***load of money but isn’t it time for the organization to be honest with themselves and cut him loose.  He is of no value whatsoever.  He’s just using up a roster spot. 

Mistakes happen.   Just admit it and move forward 

Can't do that, some other team will pick him up and what if he does good?

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Kimbrel is like the Goldilocks of closers.   Too little rest is bad.  Too much rest is bad.  He needs the amount of rest that is just right,

He had his Hall Of Fame career, now he is washed up, as long as teams keep giving him 13mil he ain't retiring. Kimbrel was another Elias mistake along with Rogers.

Edited by oriolediehard