Take one for the team Adley

Wavetrapper

Adley may be the biggest single issue with our offense right now, compared to what we want to see.

Plenty of contenders have an Emmanuel Rivera/Nick Maton in the lineup from time to time, but to balance that you need your stars to play like stars. 

40 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’m wondering if he’s the artist formerly known as Only One Oriole. 

I doubt it.   wavetrapper joined about 10 days before OOO was banned.   He might have some similar views but seems better at claiming some unique expertise or superiority.   

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I liked it when he posted the picture of his wife and a reverse image search linked it a weight lifting forum with a guy asking if his wife was a gold digger.

Giga-OOF.

Then again, posting an actual picture of your actual wife to try to win an internet argument would also have been a giga-OOF.

16 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He very well may not have an injury, but also very well may have back that's bothering him a bit. I don't know, but I have to hope his absolute awful slump at the plate since June is because of something not right with him physically.

Yep, this is my theory.  The back is enough of an annoyance so he unconsciously changes things.  That’s why I agree with this to give him an IL stint to rest up.  It’s all about the playoffs at this point.  Get people healthy. 

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The key is that he was going the other way and was not trying to pull everything.  Swing was a little more level too.

I'm a pretty big proponent of trying to go the other way during a slump. Let the ball travel and work those oppo line drive singles. Once that's complete, go ahead and start going back to what you were doing, but get that timing down. I love seeing those oppo hits.

Mountcastle is a guy that every time he start driving the ball oppo he's about to get hot. Hopefully Adley is getting there because we all know he's better than what's he's been.

The TV announcers may be overly optimistic about Adley coming out of his slump, but man that 7th inning single with the bases loaded was huge!  It felt like we hadn’t had a late inning RISP hit in a key situation in months.   I’m so glad it was Adley who did it, too.   

• Upvote 1