Beckett Suspended

LookinUp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to know more about the incident. Evidently Hunter said that somebody said something that made him completely lose it...and it didn't come from the Red Sox. Obviously emotions are very intense in LA, but I wonder if the umpires didn't do their best to control the situation.

That'd be nice to miss Beckett.

He'll definitely appeal and get it shortened to 4 games and not miss any time. He'll certainly make his start against us.

I don't know what's gonna happen but, whatever it is, I bet it's not a 4-game suspension.

With SP's, if they suspend them they always do it so they miss a start. They know how often SP's do their jobs.

For what? That throw over Abreu's head on a late timeout call? That would be lame. Or did something happen in that bench clearing brawl? Got a link?

The Asheville Citizen-Times may not be a prime source for MLB or Major League anything, but here's their brief clip on the subject (I just happened to have that open on my desktop):

The Boston Globe is reporting that Red Sox pitcher Josh Beckett has been suspended for six games and fined by Major League Baseball, which determined he intentionally threw a pitch near the head of the Los Angeles Angels' Bobby Abreu last week. Beckett also was cited for "aggressive actions" after the pitch that led to the benches clearing Sunday, according to Bob Watson, vice president for discipline in the commissioner's office.
http://blogs.citizen-times.com/blogs/index.php?blog=20&title=red_sox_pitcher_beckett_suspended_for_si&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

From what's left of the Seattle PI, by way of that den of iniquity known as the Sons of Sam Horn:

http://www.seattlepi.com/baseball/2010ap_bba_red_sox_angels_suspensions.html

NEW YORK -- Boston pitcher Josh Beckett has been suspended for six games and fined by Major League Baseball, which determined he intentionally threw a pitch near the head of the Los Angeles Angels' Bobby Abreu last week.

He'll definitely appeal and get it shortened to 4 games and not miss any time. He'll certainly make his start against us.

I can not think of 1 starting pitcher that had his number of days reduced, and that he was still able to continue to make his next start without missing it.

I really want to know more about the incident. Evidently Hunter said that somebody said something that made him completely lose it...and it didn't come from the Red Sox. Obviously emotions are very intense in LA, but I wonder if the umpires didn't do their best to control the situation.

That'd be nice to miss Beckett.

I wonder the same thing. Hunter is a respected veteran guy, not the type to just fly off the handle for no reason. Of course the mere existence of Josh Beckett is enough to make me pretty mad. :P

Archived